Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Company Tool [Suggestions]

Suggestions

Before we kick these off, we’d like you all to please keep in mind that the mechanics are still very much a work in progress. Things will get added, removed or completely overhauled as the development continues and we begin playtesting. So feel free to give us your feedback and share some usefull suggestions, what you would like to see and use in such a tool!

You can have a look at the tool here:
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...eature-Preview

Thank you!

CSA Colonel

When can we begin? Also, does out unit have to be a historical one (i.e. in the battle), or can we use a unit that wasn't involved or is fictional, though historically based?
    Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Colonel Jonny Powers
    5th Georgia Volunteers, Company A, "Clinch Rifles"

You can create your company threads in this forum!
    The tool will be released during the next months.

You can of course form a unit, which did not fight in the Maryland Campaign. But those are not available in the Company Tool at first.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

You can of course form a unit, which did not fight in the Maryland Campaign. But those are not available in the Company Tool at first.
    I'm very thankful that units which didn't fight in the Maryland Campaign are allowed, as I'd love to play as the original Louisiana Tigers under Major Wheat, who were disbanded just one month shy of the campaign.

CSA Colonel

When you say at first do you have plans to allow for custom units to be created and be listed in the company tool?
    Sincerely,
    Lieutenant Colonel Jonny Powers
    5th Georgia Volunteers, Company A, "Clinch Rifles"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Powers View Post
    When you say at first do you have plans to allow for custom units to be created and be listed in the company tool?
    Yes, thats what I mean

so does it have to be a american regiment that was in the civil war. or can we make one up e.g: 1st Russian Dragoons.
    just wondering.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
    so does it have to be a american regiment that was in the civil war. or can we make one up e.g: 1st Russian Dragoons.
    just wondering.
    You can make a unit up, it just isn't very historically accurate and you won't have a unit in the Company tool
    "If we were wrong in our contest, then the Declaration of Independence of 1776 was a grave mistake and the revolution to which it led was a crime. If Washington was a patriot; Lee cannot have been a rebel."

"I want you to try to teach to your children and to your children's children that ours was not a lost cause. I want you to tell them that we were fighting for the right ..."

Wade Hampton III

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
    just wondering.
    To add to what Mr locke has said you won't have non civil war uniforms in the game either so kind of pointless to form a foreign company. That said the choice is yours so best of luck with whatever you choose :-D

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Captain

So i can take 72nd Pennsylvania Company H here?