Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

USA 1st Lieutenant

MNAH, i'M A COMPLETE A RETARD WHO THINKS THEY'RE THE SAME GAME. Caps lock was accidental but makes sense. It's the the closest thing to compare to in regards to starting up companies/regs of players to fight in a civil war based shooter. Yeah sure the game is meant for big groups of people but how are you supposed to make and grow your company if there's a minimum member limit of 10? It's pretty rich coming from you since the 42nd is the largest (i think) company so far anyway. At least make a section on the company tool called "mustering companies" or something so that people can set-up companies by themselves without needing atleast 9 other friends to join with them straight off.

USA Captain

Perhaps a bit of a compromise? I like the idea of a minimum number of people, especially with a system like the company tool. To take N&S again (I know, shame on me), it's not as big a deal there if someone claims a name and then proceeds to do nothing with it. Worst case scenario: somebody else just starts a thread with the same name and starts playing under that name. If the original guy that claimed the regiment is indeed inactive he would never even notice.

But with the company tool you do actually completely lock a company down, and get a spot in the list of companies. Although the fact that we'll be picking companies rather than regiments will prevent people from locking down entire regiments, tiny - five or less - man companies will start to clutter up the tool. A certain rule to prevent that would therefore not be out of place.
    On the other hand, you don't want to make it too hard on new groups to join the community, so maybe a sort of, probation period would be an idea? Allow people to start a company below the minimum number (let's stick with 10) and give them a certain period of time to grow their own numbers to match the required minimum. If they fail to do so within the allotted time frame, they could be issued a warning, and a small extension to the probation time, before being disbanded entirely.

CSA Major

I think what they meant was that groups have to have at least 10 people in one company before forming another, that way small groups cant claim whole regiments for themselves.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    Yeah sure the game is meant for big groups of people but how are you supposed to make and grow your company if there's a minimum member limit of 10?
    There is something called advertising. This is basically what we are all doing at the moment anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    At least make a section on the company tool called "mustering companies" or something so that people can set-up companies by themselves without needing atleast 9 other friends to join with them straight off.
    You might be able to set it up, but you shouldn't be able to claim it. (In my opinion)
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

Well, I will get into this now!

We don't want to have a company ingame, which just consists of 5 guys. So I think a company, which has at least 10 activate soldiers, should get full support.
    While everybody can form a company with that tool, we should have 2 types of companies:

"Muster" and "Enlisted"

Muster: This company is in progress and doesn't consist of 10 soldiers yet. The company does not leave for the drill camp yet.
    Enlisted: This company is formed and is part of the army now. The company is already on the field.

Once a company reachs 10 soldiers, the company commander can try to enlist into the army.
    The company needs to be approved by an admin/company moderator.

Anyone has better words for Muster and Enlisted?!

CSA Major

Good plan Hinkel I never would have thought of that. It also adds a bit more realism
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

We don't want to have a company ingame, which just consists of 5 guys. So I think a company, which has at least 10 activate soldiers, should get full support.
    While everybody can form a company with that tool, we should have 2 types of companies:

"Muster" and "Enlisted"

Muster: This company is in progress and doesn't consist of 10 soldiers yet. The company does not leave for the drill camp yet.
    Enlisted: This company is formed and is part of the army now. The company is already on the field.

Once a company reachs 10 soldiers, the company commander can try to enlist into the army.

One amendment I'd make to your cracking idea would be mustering companies be allowed to use the drill square to practice but maybe limited facilities given the low status of the company?

Would you implement a time limit to get the company enlisted in the army before its opened up again? Something like 5 weeks to get active?

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post

"Muster" and "Enlisted"

+1
    I am liking the sound of this!

USA Captain

If you guys were to go for Challis89's suggestion of allowing companies that don't have 10 people yet to use the drill camp, you could call ''mustering'' companies simply ''in training'', whereas companies that have 10+ people are actually done with their training and are ''enlisted'' or ''in the field'' or whatever.

USA 1st Lieutenant

I fully support and endorse this idea. What would the limit be for when a company could expand into having two companies?