Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by BloodBeag View Post
    There should be nothing forced on players with respect for names. If you want to have 100% realistic names of players then go for it with your company. If I want to call my player Sgt Shrek'sDick and my company commander is fine with that then you can't tell me to change it.
    Nobody's talking about player names tho. :-/

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Nobody's talking about player names tho. :-/
    He was referring to an earlier post.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Captain

Lightbulb Enabling smaller groups to take part in large-scaled battle

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Well, I will get into this now!

We don't want to have a company ingame, which just consists of 5 guys. So I think a company, which has at least 10 activate soldiers, should get full support.
    While everybody can form a company with that tool, we should have 2 types of companies:

"Muster" and "Enlisted"

Muster: This company is in progress and doesn't consist of 10 soldiers yet. The company does not leave for the drill camp yet.
    Enlisted: This company is formed and is part of the army now. The company is already on the field.

Once a company reachs 10 soldiers, the company commander can try to enlist into the army.
    The company needs to be approved by an admin/company moderator.

Anyone has better words for Muster and Enlisted?!
    I think a safe number should be 10 as a minimum after all you don't want to discourage small groups of friends playing together in their own unit and for a random getting 10 peoples could be quite difficult.
    Well what could be done is to present another option for smaller groups of friends.
    Something like "mercenaries" (guys purchased from border countries),who could then during a battle strenghten numbers of
    (1) a permanent company (if someone would accept them)
    or
    (2) a new temporary company (name randomly generated?) could be formed on each side before the start of battle, giving smaller groups or even lone wolves the possibility to take part in larger scale battles. Then they could vote for a leader (or someone capable could be assigned by an admin), who would then lead them during the battle.

I know this game is aimed more on groups than individuals. With this possibility the troll-rate () would increase and these companies would ofc. lack discipline most of the time(but wasn't that always the danger of mercs? ). If so, then for a newcomer such an unpleasant experience may encourage him to find a permanent group (a company) to play with, which in the final effect would strenghten the aspect this game mainly aims at and that is teamplay.

Hopefully you understand how I mean it.

PS: The last paragraph seems kinda philosophical
    Last edited by Shifty; 04-10-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Lives in the North, Supports the South. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
    I would hardly call it a shame tbh the devs made it quite clear about non Maryland Campaign companies not being added. No there fault people ignored them. Anyways I don't think it will be too long after release before they slowly add more. I hope never to see custom named ones tho.
    I believe I read something from BraveScot that said the tool would be released in the next few months, so hopfully the whole tool is out by release
    Fight With The Zouaves!

5th New York Volunteer Infantry "Duryee's Zouaves" Co A

Lives in the North, Supports the South. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Well what could be done is to present another option for smaller groups of friends.
    Something like "mercenaries" (guys purchased from border countries),who could then during a battle strenghten numbers of
    (1) a permanent company (if someone would accept them)
    or
    (2) a new temporary company (name randomly generated?) could be formed on each side before the start of battle, giving smaller groups or even lone wolves the possibility to take part in larger scale battles. Then they could either vote for a leader (or someone capable could be assigned by an admin), who would then lead them during the battle.

I know this game is aimed more on groups than individuals. With this possibility the troll-rate () would increase and these companies would ofc. lack discipline most of the time(but wasn't that always the danger of mercs? ). If so, then for a newcomer such an unpleasant experience may encourage him to find a permanent group (a company) to play with, which in the final effect would strenghten the aspect this game mainly aims at and that is teamplay.

Hopefully you understand how I mean it.

PS: The last paragraph seems kinda philosophical
    I think this would be a great idea, as of now there are alot of small regiments in the North and South community that cant attend battles because of numbers, so if the devs integrate something like this, then no one will have to be left out
    Fight With The Zouaves!

5th New York Volunteer Infantry "Duryee's Zouaves" Co A

CSA Brigadier General

Kind of counters what the devs have said in earlier posts that the tool to start with will only contain companies from the Maryland Campaign as it fits with them wanting to at the start to be historical. Only sometime after release of the main game will the ability to add non historical and companies from other campaigns be added.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I believe I read something from BraveScot that said the tool would be released in the next few months, so hopfully the whole tool is out by release
    Never said anything like that mate. I know as little about the time of release as you.

USA Brigadier General

Tool had to be set back due to a dev leaving, its being made by other people now so its having to be remade, as far as im aware its a fair while from completion

So what if a company decides to change it's regiment name?
    Would that be possible with a quick and easy name change, or would the entire company have to be deleted and THEN re-made as a new company in the new regiment?

And also, will there be a feature grouping up battalions?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I don't know if this had already been asked but I will ask it here: If I wanted to join a Union company and a Southern company, could I be in both at the same time? If so, what would I do if both were at the same event?