Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

USA Brigadier General

ähhm no.

The last statement of the devs was (so far i know) that our threads are NOT a reservation. The tool will be early announced so that you can prepare you for it.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

The only way I see getting past this then is if the devs private messaged all leaders of Companys the tool and they could have it a day earlier or something? But idk I can see alot of Drama in WoR tbh, I already know of WoR drama and the game isn't even out!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    ähhm no.

The last statement of the devs was (so far i know) that our threads are NOT a reservation. The tool will be early announced so that you can prepare you for it.
    Dude, what about the Company post that Lyman has set up? All those companies that are listed in the beginning are the companies that have been reserved right? I'm not trying to say that I'm right but that's what I thought it was for. If your right then is Lyman wasting his time? And if it isn't a reservation, then I agree with Wildcat and that the devs should send out the tool to the listed company commanders early.
    Last edited by Alexander Greene; 07-25-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Question for the devs, will it be possible to include custom imagery, like recruitment posters, icons, flags and all that sort of thing on a regimental front page/ application page or similar? Or is that to be limited to forum threads only?

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Greene View Post
    Dude, what about the Company post that Lyman has set up? All those companies that are listed in the beginning are the companies that have been reserved right? I'm not trying to say that I'm right but that's what I thought it was for. If your right then is Lyman wasting his time? And if it isn't a reservation, then I agree with Wildcat and that the devs should send out the tool to the listed company commanders early.
    well, i read it one time. i will try to find it.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    As to the voting I've always been under the impression it's when your creating a battalion or higher formation not something that can be done at will but to decide who will be leader of this new flrmation. as the company creater will be the clan leader so to speak so will be I'm charge of the company in all aspects.
    Was just reading some old posts, and as the company tool has been implemented to an extent already, I suppose this is old news. But I would like to comment about the voting to determine company command as referenced in this quote. As per an example pulled directly from A HISTORY OF THE THIRTY-FIRST VIRGINIA REGIMENT VOLUNTEERS, C. S. A., I'd like to include the paragraph that actually references the Company in which my Great Great Grandfather eventually enlisted, as follows:

Company E was enlisted at Monterey, Haveners Store, and Camp Bartow by Felix H. Hull. A few were enlisted by Captain M. Karicofe. Hull served as first commanding officer but was transferred to the brigade quartermaster department where he died on October 31, 1861. First Lieutenant John M. Myers was elected captain on November 23, 1861, but was replaced by Lieutenant Samuel A. Gilmer who was elected captain in the elections of May 1, 1862. Captain Gilmer resigned in January 1863 and was replaced
    by Lieutenant Jacob C. Matheny. Lieutenant Matheny was promoted to captain when he assumed command. In the early months of the war the company consisted of 8 officers and 68 men.

source: Muster and Pay Rolls, Thirty-first Virginia Infantry Papers
    I'd like to recognize that on various dates, in this case November 1861 and May 1862, that this company held at least 2 different elections in respect to replacing commanding officers. Thought that some might find this information useful. The first chapter of the History of the 31st, entitled "FORMATION AND ORGANIZATION", is ripe with references of such elections, 7 to be exact. They seemed to have been prevalent at not only mustering, but also many reorganizations.

Here is an excerpt of each, these are for various Company's within the Regiment:
    In May of that year the company was reorganized and William W. Garnett was elected Captain.
    The Reverend J. E. Mitchell was commissioned captain, but resigned on June 20. In July he was succeeded by J. S. Kerr McCutcheon, who was elected captain.
    First Lieutenant John M. Myers was elected captain on November 23, 1861, but was replaced by Lieutenant Samuel A. Gilmer who was elected captain in the elections of May 1, 1862.
    In the elections of May, 1861, First Lieutenant George F. Thompson was elected captain. He was captured in 1863. First Lieutenant John W. Bosworth then assumed command..
    In the reorganization of May 1862, he was elected lieutenant colonel and became second in command of the Thirty-first Virginia Regiment.
    Last edited by dmurray6; 09-01-2017 at 05:44 PM.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Sergeant

Can there be a way to link Companies to an organized battalion or brigade or even division soon?
    Corporal B. Foster
    Assistant Adjutant
    S-1, Administration
    C Company Command
    1st Battalion Virginia Regulars

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Can there be a way to link Companies to an organized battalion or brigade or even division soon?
    There will be one day, yes. But not as soon as we would like to present it