Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Ummm. Just thought Emil & Mads said forum companies are not tied to game status, but if you have a rank in a non game association, you get that rank in game? Now I am truly confused.
    We're going to be supporting "Company matches" (or clan matches). In these, it is our wish to tie the selected company via the company tool directly to the in-game experience.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Rgr that! As has been noted my being old probably accounts for my lack of picking things up quickly.

USA Lieutenant General

so.. uhhh..... anyone like my suggestion?

What about faction neutral groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Bond121 View Post
    That would be unrealistic, if you don't want to represent a border state

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bond121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    That would be unrealistic, if you don't want to represent a border state
    And even then "border states" were not faction neutral, as they all provided troops to both sides.

And, sorry but the nations of France and Britain are not included. The only "faction neutral" chance.

True "faction neutral" would be not to play.

CSA Brigadier General

[What I would like to see:
    1: I hope to see the skirmish gamemode to be the most played, seeing it gives people who aren't in a Company on the tool a chance to lead and experience everything the game has to offer.

2: I'd like to see the Company tool work on all game modes, except the skirmish game mode. Company/Community events are going to be bigger than ever, and I believe this tool will be a huge part of the game.

3: If Colonel/Lieutenant Colonel/Major are apart of the Company tool, they should be voted in by all the companies of the regiment. 1st place gets Col, 2nd LtC, ect. After set periods of time, these polls should occur again to maintain the regiment with active leaders. Because life happens and people leave.
    11th Mississippi Infantry, "Lamar Rifles" Company G [NA]

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansan View Post
    [What I would like to see:
    1: I hope to see the skirmish gamemode to be the most played, seeing it gives people who aren't in a Company on the tool a chance to lead and experience everything the game has to offer.

2: I'd like to see the Company tool work on all game modes, except the skirmish game mode. Company/Community events are going to be bigger than ever, and I believe this tool will be a huge part of the game.

3: If Colonel/Lieutenant Colonel/Major are apart of the Company tool, they should be voted in by all the companies of the regiment. 1st place gets Col, 2nd LtC, ect. After set periods of time, these polls should occur again to maintain the regiment with active leaders. Because life happens and people leave.
    I mostly agree with the first 2, i think the Skirmish gamemode will likely be more of a public thing def. For Number 3 its only start off as Companies which were led by a Captain. Whoever create a company will be given the rank Captain as far as im aware and can choose the rank of his men beneath that. In the future they plan to slowly allow larger groups such as regiments, brigades, divisions and maybe corps. This would then allow ranks from Major all the way upto Major General!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Etherton View Post
    ... In the future they plan to slowly allow larger groups such as regiments, brigades, divisions and maybe corps. This would then allow ranks from Major all the way upto Major General!
    The developers said "Corps", that would make the leaders Lt Generals in the Confederate ranks, and several full Generals in charge of multiple corps or the army.

Seeing as the current arrangement is avatar -> face in game, has there been any thought of switching that around to face in game -> avatar and using a face making tool like what Warband has to get more customization, or is that too open to abuse?