Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2025

Thread: 42nd Pennsylvania Infantry "Bucktails" - 2nd Battalion - Co. E & F ~ EU/NA

I applied (Nicholas Christianson)

I have applied

USA General of the Army

Grand Army of the Republic Medal

A huge congratulations to Private Sam Jacobson for earning his Grand Army of the Republic Medal for two years of dedicated service to the unit. He has been here since long before me, and has proved to be an invaluable asset to Company E and the entire Battalion. When I first started attending events, Pvt. Jacobson was one of the more recognizable voices in the crowd, and certainly helped me get accustomed to the new unit that I had just joined. So, enjoy the pub tonight - You’ve earned it! May the Buckgod guide you through all your journeys!

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Grand Army of the Republic Medal

A huge congratulations to Private Sam Jacobson for earning his Grand Army of the Republic Medal for two years of dedicated service to the unit. He has been here since long before me, and has proved to be an invaluable asset to Company E and the entire Battalion. When I first started attending events, Pvt. Jacobson was one of the more recognizable voices in the crowd, and certainly helped me get accustomed to the new unit that I had just joined. So, enjoy the pub tonight - You’ve earned it! May the Buckgod guide you through all your journeys!

Congrats, Pvt. Jacobson! Those are my words that the Major posted, since he's been here the longest

I, Erik Johannsen, have applied

USA Sergeant

Congratulations to Volunteers Finkleman and Keyman on their promotions to Private and passing of Phase I of training! They will be drafted into Company E, and have earned the right to wear the Bucktail, proudly.

Just volunteered for the 42nd Pennsylvania! I am a huge history buff and I am so happy to have a game and a community like this.
    - KJGaughan

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by KJGaughan View Post
    Just volunteered for the 42nd Pennsylvania! I am a huge history buff and I am so happy to have a game and a community like this.
    - KJGaughan
    Welcome to the Battalion Volunteer Gaughan!

I've applied (again), J. Krieger.

USA General of the Army

Happy 4 Year Anniversary

On the 30th of October, 2015 with but five men, a dream, a lot of wishful thinking and a plan, the 42nd Pennsylvania was first brought to life! Now, four years later, the 42nd stands triumphant as the oldest unit in the War of Rights community!

I am still in disbelief that it has been four years since the founding of Company F, 42nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment. For what I thought would be a bright but brief spark, the unit has proudly burnt on without faltering. Though I stand alone as the only original member of the unit, those that have been through the doors of the 42nd and those that are current members have all affected the 42nd in their own way. The unit is was it is thanks to my officers and NCOs, both past and present, in their roles and leaders; and the enlisted men who without this unit would be nothing. The level of gratitude I have for all members of the 42nd is beyond worlds.

The wider Union community has been a blast to play with as well all these years. To the German Volunteers: Es war eine Ehre und ein Privileg, bei europäischen Veranstaltungen mit Ihnen zu kämpfen. To The Northern Aggression: The 42nd is looking forward to forging a rich history pathed by Rebel bodies with you! And to the rest of the Union: Keep Buggering On!

To the CSA Community, please just surrender already I want to go home.

2019 has been a year of change and development for the unit. We have seen changed from the bottom up in almost every regard as the unit presses ahead to keep itself fresh and flexible whilst holding on to our key values and traditions. Changes to unit tactics, medals, Company structures, the Reserves and much more has meant that the 42nd is capable of dealing with almost any issue thrown at us. War of Rights itself has, as ever, made great strides forwards as well with South Mountain and the promise of Artillery on the horizon.

As with last year, and the year before that, etc. I’d like to take some time to look back on the many well-earned promotions and medals earned by the men this year. The unit now has 2 new Corporals in its ranks in the form of Corporal Jackson, Co. F, and Corporal Buford, Co. E. For finer men I could not ask.

I have also had the great pleasure of awarding the unit’s first two Kearny Crosses (Enlisted), the unit’s highest decorations, to Corporal Bobby Taylor for his actions on the 29th of July and Reservist Walter Hudson for his actions on the 14th of September. A fresh Army Certificate of Merit was awarded this year to Corporal William Jackson. This was awarded to Cpl. Jackson in part due to a perfect attendance recorded since he enlisted with the 42nd on the 2nd Feb. 2018! HUZZAH! to all of them.

Without trying to list every member, there are many more I’d like to acknowledge for their contributions to the 42nd. Private Sadowski for his tireless efforts in the Adjutant Corps. Privates Sandmark and Wright always liven up events with their sense of humor. To all those that met up in Amsterdam in person showing that the friendships forged in the 42nd go beyond just some disconnected voice. Last to those members who sadly retired this year and received their Honourable Discharge. Corporals Vince Tomcato and Peter McAdams, Privates Charles Gangover, Lindford Hawk and Sean Calderwood to list but a few.

All of these little details- and many others, that I don’t have space to mention- have contributed to binding the 42nd together as a closely knit community. I would go so far as to say one of the strongest Esprit de Corps in the community.

It has been nothing short of a privilege to have been the Commanding Officer of such a fine body of men and women. As we troop into 2020 I am confident, even with me being 5500 miles away from home, the 42nd will carry on being the premier fighting force of the Union’s skirmishers in both the EU and NA community.

To another year we troop on and the last 4 years we look back on with pride. May the Buck God watch over you all and bless you. Long live the 42nd Pennsylvania! Long Live the Buck God! Long Live the Union!

Union Parade (with CSA present) to bid farewell to Major Stone as he departed for the coming year.

Old and new men of 42nd rest after fighting off fellow Union following their bid to assassinate Major Stone

42nd Heavily engaged in holding back the CSA assault

About to go clubbing as the CSA

Company formed and ready

Union forces count their losses as the CSA press hard

Last edited by Bravescot; 10-30-2019 at 04:32 AM.