Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2022

Thread: 42nd Pennsylvania Infantry "Bucktails" - 2nd Battalion - Co. E & F ~ EU/NA

USA Captain

I applied Richard Sutherland

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hairywarhero View Post
    I applied Richard Sutherland
    Welcome on board mate!
    G'day Mate, I am a Confederate wife widowmaker!

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Yesterday was great fun again defending that Graveyard together with the mighty Bucktails. We are looking forward playing with you guys again.

Cheers from the German Rangers

USA General of the Army

Today, I announce that I am stepping down from command of the 42nd Pennsylvania after 4 years and 5 months at my post. In my 7 years of clan game play across multiple games, the 42nd has been the greatest community I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of and commanding. Unfortunately, I have found that upon my return I have been massively disappointed in the utter lack of any form of development within War of Rights. I had been unhappy with the game before I left for my time overseas. To return to see it in the same state I left it in, with only a few minor tweaks, was a massive blow. I have lost faith in the developers and in the game, and this jaded view will affect my command of the 42nd and my ability to carry it into the future. Whilst the community the 42nd plays with has naturally changed, I play War of Rights for the 42nd and for the game, and if the game is no longer enjoyable then I can no longer carry on with it in the same way as I once did.

I will not be leaving the 42nd though. My return reminded me how much I just enjoy playing with you lads and lasses, just chatting, laughing, and being around some of the best people I could hope to play with. I will be stepping down to Second Lieutenant of Company F, putting me as the new officer commanding. Now, with me stepping down we will naturally need a new Commanding Officer to lead the 42nd forward.

It is with great pleasure that I hand over command to Captain Ben Tindall, and in my last actions as commander, promote him to Major. Ben Tindall joined the Battalion in January 2018, made Corporal, 28th April 2018 and Sergeant, 1st September of the same year. He was commissioned 1st October 2018 and earned his first gold bar 26th July 2019 before finally making Captain on the 22nd August 2019. Now it is with massive pride that I bestow gold oak leaves upon him. Tindall has been the cornerstone of Company F since his commission and has worked above and beyond to keep order in the Battalion as chief provost. Following his time heading the field command of the Battalion in my absence, I can think of no one I trust more to hand command to. Congratulations, sir!

Alongside this promotion and as my final action in command, I am promoting Lieutenant Kwatcher to Captain. Kwatcher joined us at the end of May 2018 and was selected for training in the Battalion Officer Cadet program not long after his enlistment. On the 11th March 2019, he was officially commissioned as Officer Commanding, Company E. He has done a phenomenal job since taking command of what was a company taking on water. He single handedly fixed the leaks and righted the Company, before leading it to be the proud fighting force it is now. He was promoted to First Lieutenant alongside Maj. Tindall on the 22nd August 2019. Now, he has finally been granted his overdue second gold bar. Congratulations, sir!

I could not ask for better friends to whom I can hand over to, so I can try and find enjoyment in the game once more in my new capacity as Officer Commanding, Company F. Thank you to everyone who has supported me in my time as Commanding Officer. To my Senior NCO and close friend, First Sergeant Ranch. To those that have aided me in the running of the unit in the Battalion Depot: Sergeant Corbin, Private Rher, Private Sadowski, Private Stull, Private Hudson and Private Magnus. To those who have commanded with me but have since departed: Captain McGee and Lieutenant Durham. To the close allies of the 42nd, whom we have fought alongside for many years and months: 52nd New York, 20th New York, 23rd New York, 1st Maine Cavalry, 2nd United States Sharpshooters, and the other members of The Northern Aggression. And to the few CSA units that we have enjoyed fighting and playing against: 8th Florida, 18th North Carolina, 6th Louisiana and the members of Pickett’s Brigade. You have all made my time in command a joy, and in the lower times bearable. Thank you to all of you, and I will see you on the field!
    Last edited by Bravescot; 04-14-2020 at 04:14 PM.

USA Sergeant

Thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to continue leading the 42nd in fun events! Hope to still see you on the field, often!

USA Captain

Congrats Capt Kwatcher!

CSA Major General

Congrats for the promo's , keep up the fights gents !
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Although this step by Bravescot doesn´t really come out of a blue sky and appears plausible, it`s kinda bad news. But I guess even such things will go unheard at the Dev.Dpt..

Anyway I can understand this action and I do want to stop by to congratulate all promoted in the first place. Great personnel also in the "second" line at the Bucktails that already did show they are more than capable running the unit perfectly.

Keep those tails waving high, gentlemen.

Sincerely,

USA Brigadier General

Lieutenant Stone,

this is a sad day for the union. i can still remember the first days in the drill camp. as newly promoted captains we explored the field camp and exchanged drill books.
    Apart from that, I can understand this step. I wish you a lot of fun on your new post and look forward to seeing you on the field again in the future.

I wish the two promoted players much success and all the best for the future challenges. May we always stand together against the tyrants from the south!

best wishes,
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02