Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207
Results 2,061 to 2,066 of 2066

Thread: 42nd Pennsylvania Infantry "Bucktails" - 2nd Battalion - Co. E & F ~ EU/NA

CSA Sergeant

I, Joseph, have applied

USA Major

It is my pleasure to announce the promotion of Tyrick Hood to the rank of First Lieutenant of Company E. Hood continues to demonstrate his skills both on and off the battlefield, proving a keen strategist. He is more than worthy of this promotion and I am sure he will go on to even greater things in the Battalion

It is also my pleasure to announce the promotion of William Ranch to the rank of Second Lieutenant and Company Commander of Company F. I can think of no better man to fill this role. Ranch has been a staple of the Battalion for many years now and has steadily risen up the ranks to become head of the Inspector General Corps as well as head of the NCOs. Much beloved by the Battalion and now a close personal friend of many I am sure he will prove a fine figurehead for the Company.

Finally, with much excitement I would like to announce the Formation of the the 1st Pennsylvania Artillery Battery B, Cooper’s Battery. The Battery will be the 42nd Pennsylvania’s hellfire on the battlefield. At the helm of the Battery will be the Second Lieutenant Roy Stone, having transferred from his command of Company F of the 42nd. I am sure he will use the Battery to unleash devastating results upon the confederate lines. Good luck, Second Lieutenant, give them hell!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/438763281428119564/699285662293164152/42nd_Sig1.3_Co.FMaj._Tindall.png

USA Major

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that Private Robert Stull, one of the 42nd's most infamous and treasured members, has announced his retirement from the Bucktails.

Private Stull, and at one point, Corporal Stull, has been around this unit, almost since its inception nearly 5 years ago. Having held many jobs within the battalion and proving himself an essential member of the 42nd, Private Stull is retired with high honors, including the Civil War Campaign Medal, and the Grand Army of the Repbulic Medal. Many of you might know him as the man who introduced you to our community with he and Sergeant Corbin recruiting me, or as the original Team Kill Connoisseur that earned him one of our favorite Bucktail emoticons, but nothing changes the fact that this regiment will never have quite a fellow like him amongst our ranks, again. We all here wish you well on your next endeavors, Stull, and even as a retired member, the Buckgod will watch you as one of his own and as one of his most devout followers. Your legacy as a Bucktail will live forever, and we hope to see you at event, whenever you might get the chance. We will miss you, friend, brother, Bucktail. May the Buck God watch over you always, in thanks for the countless rebel souls you have sacrificed in his name.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/438763281428119564/699285662293164152/42nd_Sig1.3_Co.FMaj._Tindall.png

Dear Bucktails,

yesterday evening was quite a battle on Bolivar Hights Camp and in the streets of Harpers Ferry.
    I'd like to thank you for your stout and tenacious defense against a tough enemy in both battles, that was certainly the key for our success.
    Seeing your unit time and again holding the flank of our combined forces and finally and ultimately countercharging the Rebell onslaught, will be in my heart and mind till my last breath.
    Should i survive this carnage, i will surely tell my grand- and great grandchildren the tales of your glorious deeds.

a hearty Huzzah

Andrew Walsh
    Corporal, 52ndNY Volunteer Infantry

USA Lieutenant General

Congratulations to Volunteer Samuel Nash and Volunteer John Pugh on their promotion to Private and passing of Volunteer Training! They will be drafted into Company E, and have earned the right to wear the Bucktail, proudly.

Congratulations as well to Corporal William Eaken for his promotion to 3rd Squad lead in Company E. He has exhibited great service and skills as a Lance Corporal in the field and as a drill instructor.

Company F together with Cooper's Battery:

Company E after a countercharge:

Youtube Video's:

Well done lads, well deserved!