Page 193 of 196 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 1955

Thread: 42nd Pennsylvania Infantry "Bucktails" - 2nd Battalion - Co. E & F ~ EU/NA

USA General of the Army

On the 2nd September 2019, I will be stepping away from direct command of the 42nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment for a period of about one year. The reason for this is that I will be living overseas for a year in Japan as a mandatory part of my degree and will be utterly unable to fulfill my duties as senior commanding officer of the 42nd. For this reason my duties will be altered to be almost solely paperwork based and in having the final say on any major changes that occur to the 42nd. Please note that this isn't a retirement message, I will still be the head of the 42nd, but will be more of a figure head like her majesty.

On this line, First Lieutenant Tindall will be stepping up as the new senior officer of the 42nd, with Second Lieutenant Kwatcher at his side for North American matters, as I move up to "Regimental Headquarters" to assume a desk job. I can not think of better officers with whom I can leave things to in my absence.

On the line as I move up the "Regimental Headquarters", congratulations to First Lieutenant Tindall on his promotion to Captain! I can not think of a better man to whom to pass the baton on to for the time being. Captain Ben Tindall will be taking over many of my duties within the unit and community and should now be the first line of contact of other units and the last person that internal matters should go to. This promotion I feel is long overdue. Captain Tindall's outstanding command Company F can not be praised enough. I wish him the best of luck in his new role.

Congratulations also go to Second Lieutenant Kwatcher as he is promoted to First Lieutenant. Enlisted into the 42nd on the 31st May 2018 Lieutenant Alexander Kwatcher was selection of the Officer Cadet Program. Passing with flying colours he was promoted to Second Lieutenant on the 11th March 2019. Lieutenant Kwatcher's command of Company E has been exemplary and this promotion too is long overdue in recognition of his hard work and dedication. I strongly feel that without him, Company E might be no more!

Both these men have earned my heartfelt gratitude for their efforts in maintaining the 42nd alongside me. I could not ask for better friends to command alongside.

USA Sergeant

Thank you, Captain, and I wish you the best of luck on your journey, abroad. You always know who to reach for any updates on the unit

Godspeed in Japan, sir.

USA Major

Good luck on your year off and as we know this is secondary to success in real life. All my best Capt. Stone!

USA Major

42ndPA Battalion Event

Yesterday the 42ndPA bid farewell to Major Stone as he sets off on his travels to Japan for a year. We thank him for all he has done for the 42nd, founding it all those years ago and steering it to where it is now. We all hope you have a wonderful time and will keep everything more than shipshape in your absence.

A very special thanks to the 4thRI, 6thLA, 9thNY, 14thBK, 52ndNY and George Crecey from Campfire Games for joining us in our farewell parade, we couldn't have done it without you!

May the Buck God watch over you on your travels, dear Major.

https://postimg.cc/PPJGH0mx

I applied Andrew Harper

USA Major

Congratulations to Volunteer Magnus on his promotion to Private and passing of Phase I of training! He will be drafted into Company F. He has earned the right to wear the Bucktail, proudly.
    https://postimg.cc/PPJGH0mx

USA Sergeant

Kearney Cross

It gives me great honor to present Private Walter Hudson of Company E, with the Kearney Cross for outstanding performance on the battlefield. The chronicling of his award can be found just below:

"On the 24th of August, while separated from his company, Private Hudson did fall in with the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry Regiment in the vicinity of Rohrbach's Bridge, along the Antietam Creek south of Sharpsburg, Maryland. Upon hearing the order to charge, Private Hudson fearlessly left the safety of his position along the riverbank and ran, with fixed bayonet, to engage Rebel infantry across the creek a deadly melee. Upon reaching the Rebel lines, Private Hudson did singlehandedly kill a Rebel officer and killed or wounded no fewer than eight Rebel soldiers, before being incapacitated and removed from the field of battle. Private Hudson's actions were instrumental in weakening the forward Rebel lines, allowing reserve Union forces to safely enter the battlefield and carry the bridge."

Last edited by ARK92; 09-13-2019 at 09:49 PM.

USA Sergeant

Congratulations to Volunteer Cavallaro on his promotion to Private and passing of Phase I of training! He will be drafted into Company E. He has earned the right to wear the Bucktail, proudly.
    Last edited by ARK92; 09-14-2019 at 01:46 PM.

I applied (Wesley Finkelman)

I applied. ^^