Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd United States Sharpshooters - Company A

2nd United States Sharpshooters - Company A

About Co. A, 2nd United States Sharpshooters

About Us The 2ndUSSS was formed initially in the Green Brigade by Brigadier General Jason. Where I was requested to take command for my leadership skills and history. Upon taking control when it was me alone I recruited and built it up to what it was today keeping in mind my original goal of it being something of a fun community as much of a company. Our company is a bunch of rag tag misfits that are amazing shots and quite friendly.

2nd United States Sharpshooters "Berdan's Sharpshooters"

Quick History and Uniform

Quick History

Hiram C. Berdan of New York state created the Sharpshooters. Berdan began recruiting men for the first Sharpshooter regiment in 1861. He recruited men from New York City and Albany and from the states of New Hampshire, Vermont, Michigan and Wisconsin. The volunteer recruits had to pass a rifle test in order to qualify to be a member of the Sharpshooters; each man had to be able to place ten shots in a circle of 10 inches (250 mm) in diameter from 200 yards (180 m) away. They were able to choose a rifle and position of their preference for the test. A man eligible to be a Sharpshooter had to possess a keen eye, steady hands and a great deal of training and skill with a rifle. In addition to that, for a man to be a Sharpshooter, it took cool nerves in order to be able to estimate carefully their target, determine the high trajectory needed and to take in consideration the effect that any current wind may have.

The first regiment of volunteers began service in late November 1861. During their service they fought in every Eastern battle up until autumn of 1864. During their tour, the Sharpshooters were noted for efficient service in the battles of Yorktown, Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Chattanooga, Atlanta, Spotsylvania and Petersburg. During battle, the mission of the Sharpshooter was to kill enemy targets and people of importance (i.e. officers and ncos) from a far distance.

Uniform

The most notable aspect of the Berdan Sharpshooter uniform is the green color, rather than the standard Union blue. They were one of only a few regiments that went outside the typical Potomac Army's uniform. The green uniform gave the sharpshooters the clear advantage of camouflage, but also sometimes was a disadvantage because they were easy to distinguish against the rest of the Union soldiers for enemy Confederate targets to spot them. Sharpshooters were high-priority kills amongst the Confederate army, because they had such high skills and good salvageable equipment. Sharpshooters used more guerrilla warfare battle tactics than the rest of the Union infantry. Along with the green uniform, a soldier was to have no brass on any of their buttons. Their shoes were standard Union issue, but their pants were made of green wool just like the frock coats, with a pair of gaiters. Furthermore, Sharpshooter knapsacks were a Prussian-style fur sack fitted over a wooden frame, as opposed to the usual tarred canvas. However, as the war went on the men were not reissued this clothing and many of the men received standard federal clothing making them harder for rebel troops to notice their elite capabilities. By the Gettysburg campaign most of the men were wearing modified blue uniforms.

Corporal

Thank you to Bravescot for helping us with our thread, we are srubs who needed guidance to the light

Link to Company tool here
    https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompa...panyToolHeader

You can find my steam here
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/gameboy69err
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073614209/
    Roster:

Gameboy
    Dip
    Edward Lynch
    Gawblin
    GBeyes
    Colton
    113user
    Steven
    Egor
    Irishcommy
    Jackkerforwind
    Chimera
    Lanco
    Hotrodnate
    Evan
    Anotonio
    Pootis
    Jacktropolis
    WolfThePict
    Killafireman
    Emma
    Saber/Kylo
    Hedgehog
    NiceWalnut
    JJthejetplane
    ltmoravcuk
    Last edited by Gameboy69err; 12-22-2016 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Removing a traitor and a thief

USA Captain

there ya go boy

CSA Brigadier General

good luck dad

USA General of the Army

Good luck lads!

Nice time to kill those american scum!!! unnamed.jpg

I do hereby endorse this with the god given right of MLG 360 nadeshot doritos and the new mind blowing Trickshotter Mtn Dew brand approve this and look foward to seeing it grow, hqdefault.jpg

USA Captain

Hey good luck to you out there on the battlefield.
    Captain Zen. 2nd USSS Company D
    Pvt Calis Amuchastegui, USS Tahoma Marine Guard

USA Brigadier General

good luck
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Captain

Praise Bravescot for helping our child of a leader GB, for making this thread sexy

Looks good mayne