Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: A. P. Hill's Light Division

USA General of the Army

That is now end of now.

Nobody is to reply to what Hill just put in anyway, shape or form. The slate is now clear, let us all get along.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I still look forward to seeing folks creating these outfits!

And for the record ask that you click on the community drop down, select groups, and feel free to join the group already established.

Thanks!

USA General of the Army

Thank you Sir! And a thief of my smiley!

smiley_salute.gif

USA General of the Army

Banned

Let's all steal Hill's smiley!

On a serious note, I'm glad to be apart of this division. Looking forward to playing with all y'all.
    Last edited by Mi'kmaq; 11-23-2015 at 01:16 AM.

USA General of the Army

Great Picture my friend!

smiley_salute.gif

USA General of the Army

You guys have nothing on me!
    Last edited by Bravescot; 11-23-2015 at 02:14 AM.

USA General of the Army

Nice job Bravescot. Thank you Sir.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I'll reply to this snipe this way:

A. P. Hill, affectioniately called Powell through his life, held many stations, Sir.
    April 1842 he accepted CADET into West Point Military School. Where he roomed with, of all people George B McClellan.
    September 1845 he was promoted Sargent of Cadets.
    June 1847 he graduated 15th in his class.
    August 1847 he was appointed Second Lieutenant 1st Regiment, U.S. Artillery and sent to Mexico. The only cadet in his class to see service in Mexico.
    Late 1849 he was Regimental quartermaster for the 1st U.S. Artillery in Florida during the Seminole War.
    In 1850 he resolved amid seccession reports that he would serve his state rather than the federal.
    September 1851 promoted to first lieutenant. 1st U.S. Artillery, still in Florida.
    Late 1853 he is second in command of Battery D, 1st U.S. Artillery stationed at Fort Capron.
    November 1855 appointed to the U.S. Coast Survey Offices in Washington D.C.
    February 1860 he resigned from the U.S. service and cast his lot with Virginia.
    May 1860 he is appointed Colonel of the 13th Virginia Infantry Regiment.
    After 1st Manassas he acted as second in commmand of Elzey's Brigade, of Kirby Smith's Division.
    February 1862 appointed Brigadier General commanding the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 17th VA & the Loudoun Battery.
    May 1862 promoted Major General commanding the list of regiments and artillery found in the first post of this thread, AND the position he held during the campaign that this game is portraying. It would be in error to list him as Lieutenant General at this time when he was not.

May 23rd 1863 appointed to Lt. General commanding the III Corps Army of Northern Virginia.

Thank you for this opportunity to put forth this small summary.
    Any other questions? Didn't think so.

I'll respond to the others in time, thank you Bravescot, Sir.

Attachment 1690
    i am perfectly aware of his promotion dates, i wouldn't have posted that if i had no idea what i was talking about. the fact is, when you're talking about military people and their ranks, because this isnt a reenactment or living history of a certain period of time but rather a video game of a certain time, you say their late rank, so in this case its Lt. General A.P Hill

same goes with when you're referring to a retired Vietnam veteran, you say, for example, Maj. Bob Billson (Ret'd) and any awards they received during service. So if they were awarded the Medal of Honor, you say Maj. Bob Billson, MOH (Ret'd)

i was posting politely, just letting you know, but you took it as if i was telling you off or something.