Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A. P. Hill's Light Division

USA Brigadier General

A whole division? Wow. We'll see you on the battlefield :P

"The First Minnesota Regiment fired with so much coolness and accuracy that they brought down [three times one] of the enemy's flags, and finally cut the flag-staff in two."

-Report of Brig. Gen. Willis A. Gorman, U.S. Army,
    Commanding First Brigade, of the Battle of' Antietam
    SEPTEMBER 3-20, 1862.-The Maryland Campaign.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Just as soon as we can get there from Harpers Ferry to smash Burnside's Corps back across his bridge!

USA General of the Army

All you good Southern Gentlemen,

IF your unit falls within the ranks of the list I have at the original post of this thread, it would be appreciated if you would join our group.

Greatly appreciated.

USA Brigadier General

You just have to hope you can secure it all in the company tool :P dont forget the current setup only officially supports companies BUT community ran projects like this can be achieved i guess, just over time :P

USA General of the Army

Still seeking units that composed the regiments of The Light Division to come join the group. Ya'll welcome.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Still seeking units that composed the regiments of The Light Division to come join the group. Ya'll welcome.
    I hate to say it mate but I doubt they will ever joint you. These kind of communities don't just rally around someone they don't know and rarely organise into larger communities in a hurry.

USA General of the Army

Take your youthful negativity elsewhere.

I am not looking to control anyone or any company. This is an attempt to rally like minded groups.
    This is however an effort to help individuals and/or organizations that were a part of a larger organization to collaborate, so they may experience the feeling of being in something that may never otherwise be experienced.

So, again all you folks who form companies within the regiments and brigades of The Light Division, you're welcome to join the group.

Thanks to all ya'll ahead of time.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Take your youthful negativity elsewhere.
    I've been playing this type of community game for little over 5 years. It is not youthful negativity it's experience.

People don't just join brigades because a brigade leader asks them too. Tying to form something like this that a great deal of negotiating and dealing to make sure everyone is satisfied. Most people I've seen forming companies are from the North and South community as well and knowing them they will be trying to sick close to their friends from the Union Army and Dixieland Army which I'd say are good examples of how these kind of groups are formed and run.

If you're not willing to listen to someone who actually has a fair bit of experience with this stuff then so be it. Just don't be so rude when advice is offered.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    I've been playing this type of community game for little over 5 years. It is not youthful negativity it's experience.

People don't just join brigades because a brigade leader asks them too. Tying to form something like this that a great deal of negotiating and dealing to make sure everyone is satisfied. Most people I've seen forming companies are from the North and South community as well and knowing them they will be trying to sick close to their friends from the Union Army and Dixieland Army which I'd say are good examples of how these kind of groups are formed and run.

If you're not willing to listen to someone who actually has a fair bit of experience with this stuff then so be it. Just don't be so rude when advice is offered.
    I imagine many many people who will buy this game are coming from Napoleonic wars and already have regiments of people they play with and arent gonna want to just form a new one with random people.

USA Private

Let's try and keep it calm lads, no need for a dispute over Hill's plans / goals.