Page 102 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1297

Thread: 52nd NY V.I "German Rangers" and 1st NY Artillery Battalion "Baden Artillery"

i, Patrick O'Conner have applied to join the 52nd New York.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Thank you for your nice words.

I will take a look at this, thanks
    Of course and I have it on my list as well as I live just 10 minutes from there and would love to know the history of the farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    Yes thank you Shiloh, gotta take a look at this!

The 52nd last week went out as Garibaldi Guards. As nice as the uniform came about... well I can`t speak for all "German Rangers" BUT I do definately look forward to tomorrows drill in a ...let`s say more manly kinda tunic.

See ya´ll on the Battlefield fellow Sufferers of the North and South!

PS: Devs. may want to take notice of the "Flag bug". It appears, also with our 52nd flag, that if you join as bearer other players only see the flagpole with some rag around it but no flag. Respawning the flag bearer makes the flag mostly be visible to other players.
    Very nice... now if they can only get some rifled muskets they'll be able to fight as good as they look!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    i, Patrick O'Conner have applied to join the 52nd New York.
    Volunteer O`Conner, you are hereby accepted among the ranks of the brave 52nd New York State Volunteer Infantry. You will share a tent with another new recruit Steven Johnes. I am pleased with the way you mastered your first drill and school of the Soldier last friday. Keep that up and one day you may become reknown Generals of the Army. Until then keep all your gear and tunic in the best condition.

The 52nd also welcomes two soldiers of veteran status who cured from disease in hospital. Welcome back in the firing line Privates Hetzenauer and Schulte.

Furthermore the 52nd New York took part in a battalion drill conducted by companies of the Eagle Brigade this last saturday. We enjoyed the drill a lot and are looking forward to the next field meeting with our brothers in arms.

As this post seems a bit dusty with absolutely no media-input, I found this little piece of teasing material from last jear. Enjoy! o7

I, William Westerhold born in Binde in the State of Prussia aged 20 years, and by occupation as carpenter DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE to have volunteered this 01 day 10 of 18610 , to serve as a SOLDIER in the Army of the United States of America for the period of Three Years, unless sooner discharged by proper authority : Do also agree to accept such bounty, pay, rations, and clothing as are, or may be, established by law for volunteers. And I, William Westerhold do solemnly swear, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the United States of America, and that I will serve them honestly and faith fully against all their enemies or opposers whomsoever ; and that I will observe and obey the orders of the President of the United States of America, and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the Rules and Articles of War.
    i, William Westerhold have applied to join the 52nd New York.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
    I, William Westerhold born in Binde in the State of Prussia aged 20 years, and by occupation as carpenter DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE to have volunteered this 01 day 10 of 18610 , to serve as a SOLDIER in the Army of the United States of America for the period of Three Years, unless sooner discharged by proper authority : Do also agree to accept such bounty, pay, rations, and clothing as are, or may be, established by law for volunteers. And I, William Westerhold do solemnly swear, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the United States of America, and that I will serve them honestly and faith fully against all their enemies or opposers whomsoever ; and that I will observe and obey the orders of the President of the United States of America, and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the Rules and Articles of War.
    i, William Westerhold have applied to join the 52nd New York.
    Accepted

Welcome among the ranks of the 52nd New York State Volunteer Regiment, Company A "German Rangers".

USA Sergeant

Dear 52nd
    I am a recent newcomer, and am interested in joining, however i do have some questions:
    1) Do i need access to the alpha to join? I have only donated to Sargent tier, though I am considering raising my pledge.
    2) Are there mandatory weekly meeting or drills? My schedule is fairly hectic, and while I would love to attend all drills, I will most likely not be at liberty to join them all.
    I apologize if these questions have already been answered, I searched the first few pages but found no such matter addressed.
    Best wishes and the best of luck! Make Uncle Sam proud!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TooYoungForWar View Post
    Dear 52nd
    I am a recent newcomer, and am interested in joining, however i do have some questions:
    1) Do i need access to the alpha to join? I have only donated to Sargent tier, though I am considering raising my pledge.
    2) Are there mandatory weekly meeting or drills? My schedule is fairly hectic, and while I would love to attend all drills, I will most likely not be at liberty to join them all.
    I apologize if these questions have already been answered, I searched the first few pages but found no such matter addressed.
    Best wishes and the best of luck! Make Uncle Sam proud!
    Hello, please check your inbox. I wrote a PM to you.

Regards, o7

USA Sergeant

Promotion

We congratulate Corporal Adolph Fritz on his promotion to Sergeant.
    His work on the field and his commitment for the 52nd are unique and indispensable for the rank as Sergeant.

We wish him all the best for the future and are happy to have him at our side.

With the best regards from the officers of the 52nd New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Last edited by Lark Johnson; 09-02-2018 at 08:19 PM.

CSA Captain

I want to express my deep gratefulness for the trust being put into me with the promotion to Sergeant among the 52nd N.Y.S.V. Infantry. I feel greatly honored being part of this fable Company and will do my best in achieving the duties of a Sergeant in the future. I will never let this great Company with all its great men down and I hope that sooner than later more future German Rangers will find the way to our fine Platoons.
    I remember the first Drills and Events where I took part in the beginning of the year and I can only say that being with the 52nd did make me addicted to WoR in a positive way. Honestly I wouldn`t know if I would play the game regularly if I would not have met the 52nd. I thank all of the men in the Company for many very entertaining evenings on the Drill grounds and battle fields and am looking forward for even more.

Special thanks go out to 1st Sergeant Leonhard, whom I am much obliged, as he was the man who effectively made a Sergeant out of a bloody greenhorn Volunteer. Thank you John! And also thanks to the officers and NCOs of the Company who are all amazingly kind and a fun group to be part of.

OK enough of the sentimentalism and back to the firing line,

yours respectfully,

Sergeant Adolph Fritz

Huzzaaahhhh 52nd New York Huzzzaahhhh