Page 101 of 130 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1297

Thread: 52nd NY V.I "German Rangers" and 1st NY Artillery Battalion "Baden Artillery"

CSA Captain

After todays Drill under the eyes of fellow officers of the Eagle Brigade the 52nd New York took time for some service promotions.
    Clouds of Salute Dust streamed the Drill Ground in honor of:

Veteran Private Peter Ross`promotion to Ranger Private. ---We congratulate our comrade for this highest service level among the 52nd!---
    Regular Private Jacob Robinsons promotion to Veteran Private. ---Congratulations to the promotion!---
    Private Mallon Caspers promotion to Regular Private. ---Congratulations to the promotion!---
    Volunteer Oliver P.s promotion to Private.---Congratulation to the promotion and welcome as a full member of the 52nd!---

We also welcome Private Conrad Baumann back in the firing line, after being treated in hospital because of pneumonia.

Other than that it was a very successful Drill and we thank and honor the great performance not only conducted by our veteran members but today also by our newest members. You did a great job today!
    Thank you and prepare for next weeks Drill, as the officers will want to see this performance again!

-signed-

Corporal Fritz

USA Major

I Van Roebeck have applied to join the 52ndNY.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Van Roebeck View Post
    I Van Roebeck have applied to join the 52ndNY.
    Accepted. Welcome in our ranks. You can fill the gap in the first rank :P
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

I Ferdinand Lassalle have applied to join the 52ndNY.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand Lassalle View Post
    I Ferdinand Lassalle have applied to join the 52ndNY.
    Accepted.

Welcome among the ranks of the 52nd New York State Volunteer Regiment, Company A "German Rangers".

USA Sergeant

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lark Johnson; 07-03-2018 at 11:29 PM.

USA Brigadier General

KÄMPFE FÜR SIGEL! KÄMPFE MIT DEN GERMAN RANGERS

Die 52. New York Infanterie, Kompanie A, sucht nach tüchtigen deutschen Brüdern im wehrfähigen Alter, um unsere neue Heimat und die Republik zu verteidigen! Du bist bereit mit Sigel und uns für die Union zu kämpfen?
    Dann melde dich hier freiwillig!

Historisch war die 52. New Yorker Infanterie eines der wenigen Regimenter, welches ausschließlich aus Deutschen bestand. Wir legen Wert auf Realismus und historische Authentizität. Dabei darf das Roleplay nicht fehlen um das Feeling komplett zu machen. Selbstverständlich sprechen wir Deutsch, allerdings werden die Befehle auf Englisch gegeben, allein schon weil es sich "richtiger" anfühlt und wir so auch mit anderen Kompanien gemeinsam funktionieren können.
    Jetzt aber nicht abgeschreckt sein, weil das Englische nicht so gut sitzt. Das sind einfachste Vokabeln, die auch ganz schnell in Fleisch und Tastatur übergehen. Wir haben einige tapfere Recken in unseren Reihen, die kein Wort Englisch sprechen, aber im Schlaf die Befehle umsetzen können!

Natürlich darf auch neben dem ganzen Realismus der Spaß nicht fehlen und ich darf versprechen, dass der definitiv nicht fehlt, denn eine gute und familiäre Atmosphäre ist uns wichtig.

Ich freue mich schon, dich in unseren Reihen begrüßen zu dürfen, Rekrut!

gez.
    Paul Frank

Captain des 52nd New York State Volunteer Infantry Regiment, Company A

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

Nice video guys... I hadn't seen that before now. It brings attention to the German families that were living there at the time like the Poffenberger's, Miller's and Otto's for example. It reminded me that I saw this book recently on Amazon.

From Germany to Antietam: The Early History of the Pfaffenberger Family, Second Edition 2nd Edition

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Nice video guys... I hadn't seen that before now. It brings attention to the German families that were living there at the time like the Poffenberger's, Miller's and Otto's for example. It reminded me that I saw this book recently on Amazon.

From Germany to Antietam: The Early History of the Pfaffenberger Family, Second Edition 2nd Edition
    Thank you for your nice words.

I will take a look at this, thanks

CSA Captain

Yes thank you Shiloh, gotta take a look at this!

The 52nd last week went out as Garibaldi Guards. As nice as the uniform came about... well I can`t speak for all "German Rangers" BUT I do definately look forward to tomorrows drill in a ...let`s say more manly kinda tunic.

See ya´ll on the Battlefield fellow Sufferers of the North and South!

PS: Devs. may want to take notice of the "Flag bug". It appears, also with our 52nd flag, that if you join as bearer other players only see the flagpole with some rag around it but no flag. Respawning the flag bearer makes the flag mostly be visible to other players.
    Attached Images Attached Images