Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 50th Georgia Volunteers Co. G "Clinch Volunteers"

Greetings,

Before tonight, I had never heard of "War of Rights", looks like a fantastic game, and I plan to contribute to its development. The reason, however, that I am commenting on the forum now, is because while doing internet searches looking for information on my great, etc. Grandfather Charles William Curry, I ended up here. Charles Curry was a Sergeant in "G" Company 50th Georgia and was wounded at Fox's Gap. I think this gaming community is really neat and the lineage of my grandfather living on in this way is really amazing!

Hope to talk with you more in the future. Thanks folks,
    Lawrence

USA Captain

Welcome! Best of luck to all of you! See u on the battlefield

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CWCurry View Post
    Greetings,

Before tonight, I had never heard of "War of Rights", looks like a fantastic game, and I plan to contribute to its development. The reason, however, that I am commenting on the forum now, is because while doing internet searches looking for information on my great, etc. Grandfather Charles William Curry, I ended up here. Charles Curry was a Sergeant in "G" Company 50th Georgia and was wounded at Fox's Gap. I think this gaming community is really neat and the lineage of my grandfather living on in this way is really amazing!

Hope to talk with you more in the future. Thanks folks,
    Lawrence
    That's really awesome that your ancestor fought with the 50th Georgia. If you have any pictures or paintings of him and his experince with the 50th, we would love to see them. If feel it would connect the Company to the days where the regiment fought bravely!

"We are a dirty, ragged set, mother, but courage and heroism find many a true disciple among us." - Theore Fogle, Enlisted Georgian

Colonel Francis Underwood of the 50th Georgia Volunteers

http://i.imgur.com/4urXGsY.png

CSA Captain

50th Georgia Company G. Muster Roll

Names - Ranks - County

Commissioned Officer

Underwood, Francis - Captain - Clinch County, Georgia

Enlisted

Anderson - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Archduke - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Bohannon, Cullen - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Chase - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

David - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Irish - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Killobytes - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Nativeman - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Powers, Jonny - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

P0Ptart SOlider - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

P0Ptart WArrior - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

Soldier - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

McBride, Willy - Private - Clinch County, Georgia

"We are a dirty, ragged set, mother, but courage and heroism find many a true disciple among us." - Theore Fogle, Enlisted Georgian

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    That's really awesome that your ancestor fought with the 50th Georgia. If you have any pictures or paintings of him and his experince with the 50th, we would love to see them. If feel it would connect the Company to the days where the regiment fought bravely!
    I will write my cousins that remain in Southern Georgia to see if they can mail me anything or at least prepare something for my next visit. They are so proud of their heritage they surely have a photograph or relic of our ancestor. To this day they live in Mudcreek, the community that he founded. I was able to track down his burial site and headstone at Mudcreek cemetery, just down a dirt road from my kin on a heritage website. Lookie http://findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi...&GRid=38796543

CSA Captain

Update!

50th Georgia will now comprise of two companies. Fellow men from Company C, will be joining Company G in War of Rights. Both sharing the great name of the 50th Georgia Volunteers. Head of Company C, Coffee County Guards will be Captain Killobytes. While myself, Captain Underwood, will remain head of Company G, Clinch Volunteers. As we head further on our course towards the release of War of Rights, a Colonel will be chosen, along with a Lieutenant Colonel. We also have a Regiment TeamSpeak where we are allowing other Companies who do no correlate to the 50th Name to share with us! If you have any questions regarding these recent events, please let me know.

CSA Captain

Sounds awesome man. Seems like this solider did more then just fought in the war. Seeing that you said he founded a community means he was invested into the good people of Southern Georgia. If you have more info about Charles William let me know! We really want to know more about the 50th Georgia and the men that fought underneath them.

CSA Captain

Update!

50th Georgia Volunteer Regiment now host a TeamSpeak. If you would like to share said TeamSpeak, please let me know!

CSA Captain

Companies C and G sitting at numbers 3 and 10 respectively on the company tool, go get em.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me

USA Brigadier General

#1stMinnesotaBestMinnesota

Got'em