Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Weapons

CSA Captain

I have no doubt that knives were carried, and on occasion even used. I would definately dispute that they were used to any great extent, and especially not in the East. In a game where the 'Rambo' is frowned upon, adding knives would only encourage them even more. It's a bit like saying ''well lets add the Gattling gun'' just because they 'had them'.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I'm not looking to add one handed melee weapons now but I would love to see them implemented later in development. I know at the Battle of First Bull Run, the Wheat's Tigers tossed their Mississippi rifles charged with their bowie knifes drawn through the cornfield and engaged the 2nd Rhode Island in a brief melee fight before retreating.
    Do you have any good sources on it?
    It is not mentioned in the report by Major Wheat in the Official Records and sound like a very bad idea, since there is no way you know for sure that you will be able to get back to your gun and pick it up. So I would love to read a but more about it.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

USA Sergeant

Thanks. Always great when people are willing to share their knowledge and sources. :-)

When you have a musket with a bayonet, it make little sense to drop it and use a knife instead.
    (maybe in a trench or similar there are situations where it make sense, but not during combat in the open)

But it do make a lot more sense, when the fact that they did not have bayonets get added to the story.
    (or sword bayonets as was the correct weapon for the rifle.)

In the game I think the question is pretty simple. If there are documented cases of units at the battle that did not have bayonets... then yes, giving them knives and similar instead would make sense.
    Thomas Bernstorff Aagaard

So as of december 2018, you can't reload revolvers, but I was thinking since the confederates have access to the LeMat, which is incredibly powerful and versatile, we could give players the ability to reload the Remington New Model Army, as it was easier and faster to reload than all of the other revolvers in the game, and make it Union only, as they were the main buyer.

the sabre defiantly needs to do more damage...
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2925&dateline=1471367  835

Currently, the bayonets and rifle buttstocks DO NOT actually do different amounts of damage.

It takes two hits from each for a kill, unless the target is already damaged.

Bayonets should always be instant kill when attacking after sprinting (charging in melee mode) for a certain amount of time (you SHOULDNT be able to just spam shift or tap it once after getting close to an enemy for the power buff).

Other than that, when you stab someone in the face with a bayonet, THEY SHOULD DIE. Right now, it takes two hits with little to no penalty for being hit other than a darkened, grey screen. Really, stabbing them anywhere in the upper torso or gut, would (reallistically) be a knockout and (at least, eventually) a death blow...

If you can get a " sprinting (charge) 'headshot' " with a rifle buttstock, I think that should also count as an instant kill. Smacking someone in the face with a heavy wooden buttstock should feel beefy, especially on and for the first swing.
    Last edited by LuxCapere; 02-08-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxCapere View Post
    Currently, the bayonets and rifle buttstocks DO NOT actually do different amounts of damage.

It takes two hits from each for a kill, unless the target is already damaged.

Bayonets should always be instant kill when attacking after sprinting (charging in melee mode) for a certain amount of time (you SHOULDNT be able to just spam shift or tap it once after getting close to an enemy for the power buff).

Other than that, when you stab someone in the face with a bayonet, THEY SHOULD DIE. Right now, it takes two hits with little to no penalty for being hit other than a darkened, grey screen. Really, stabbing them anywhere in the upper torso or gut, would (reallistically) be a knockout and (at least, eventually) a death blow...

If you can get a " sprinting (charge) 'headshot' " with a rifle buttstock, I think that should also count as an instant kill. Smacking someone in the face with a heavy wooden buttstock should feel beefy, especially on and after the first swing.
    Yes they do.

2 stabs from a bayonet and 3 hits from the club to kill someone with full health.

- Trusty

I had a revolver suggestion/idea. Is it better if I post it here or make a different thread? Only asking because im new. I wanna help get as much historical content in this game as possible to make the game more enjoyable for the fanbase ^^

Lightbulb

being able to mess with the sights with out aiming. i find it a bit slow to keep hitting z to change the sights range going up little by little. maybe we can use the mouse wheel to set it and when we aim it sets it to that range. also being able to zoom in slightly with shift or use it as hold breath
    Last edited by Lamb; 04-18-2019 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added more

sharps carbine for me and represents cavalry - but when you join or forum a company should the weapons reflect that rather then lucky dip? just a thought while we talking weapons.