Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fictional Companies in this community

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

I see it like this. If someone wants to make up a fake unit, more power to him/her.

While you may see a name as silly or what have you, it really is to the choice of the creator of the unit. It seems out of place to try to tell someone what he/she can do with his/her own unit. If you don't like it, feel free to attempt to decimate said unit on the field of battle.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
    So you believe just because they do not want to follow with historical accuracy they are not allowed to enjoy the game?
    From the FAQ, AGAIN:

1) authentic civil war first person experience
    2) extraordinary historical attention to detail.

They can enjoy the game just fine, if they play THIS GAME. If they do not want to play with historical accuracy, they do not want to play WoR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    I see it like this. If someone wants to make up a fake unit, more power to him/her.

While you may see a name as silly or what have you, it really is to the choice of the creator of the unit.
    No... The players don't own the game. It really is "to the choice" of the developers. If you want to play their game, play by their rules.

It seems out of place to try to tell someone what he/she can do with his/her own unit. If you don't like it, feel free to attempt to decimate said unit on the field of battle.
    It seems out of place for a few people to ruin a historical recreation simulation game for everyone else. It doesn't seem out of place at all for people to have to follow rules. If you're that selfish that you want to ruin others' gaming experience because you want to show off what a great name you can invent, you're not a team player. This game, above all, is going to DEPEND on team players.

The few players who get butthurt because they can't have modern and/or made up names will be a drop in a bucket compared to all the players who will be attracted to this game for just this very reason.

-Irish
    Last edited by O'Donovan; 12-06-2015 at 09:16 PM.
    "Forward, Bucktails, there's fun ahead!" -Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Leiper Kane
    The Bucktails were said to be all superior marksmen, and during the first year of the war they distinguished themselves as skirmishers and sharpshooters. -The Gettysburg Daily
    ODonovan on Star Citizen - odonovan1 on World War II Online - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

USA Major

How do you expect this community to grow if you are so hostile to anyone who doesn't see the same way you do?

CSA Captain

@O'Donovan

You know when say that, it wasn't them signing a binding contract. It was a sign of their intent, not a blood oath.

I know I wouldn't be crazy about some company called something really immature, but does it really hurt the game is say, I don't know, there's a company called "Militaires sans Frontieres", which is a reference to Metal Gear? Other than [MSF] being in their names, does it really impact anything else?

It's not as if their uniforms would be changed, and the nature of the game means anyone who doesn't keep to line tactics is penalised/doesn't get bonuses.

USA General of the Army

People may pick any names they want.

End of discussion.