Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Artillery Companies ...

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerSani View Post
    ...is there any plan to allow for venting, manual fuse cutting, and use of sights, cannon levels, and other aiming equipment etc?
    It is my very strongly held opinion, speaking only as a player and not on behalf of the team, that:

(1) Stopping the vent should be a step which is added to the game as an incentive for players to work together on a single piece, or allow for catastrophic failures if someone is working a gun by themselves. I am not a programmer and so I'll admit I am not sure what this would look like or how it would work.

(2) Pricking the powder bag should be added to the priming animation. No extra work for the player, just an added couple of seconds of animation. To skip this step in the process is like not adding the percussion cap on a musket. Makes no sense. I haven't timed it, but I swear I can load a cannon in War of Rights faster than I can load a musket, and that makes zero sense at all.

(3) Officers and NCO's should have the option to equip a gun sight, just like you can switch to a weapon or binoculars, and doing so when you enter the "elevating screw" adds a second of an animation which places the sight on the gun. I would add just a pinch of zoom to sighted guns. When you "f" away from the gun, the animation automatically removes the sight.

(4) I personally think fuse cutting should be added to the game, but I don't hate the way it is working right now and, honestly, I could see trying to get a pub player to cut my fuse correctly could be an absolute nightmare and make artillery basically unplayable.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    It is my very strongly held opinion, speaking only as a player and not on behalf of the team, that:

(1) Stopping the vent should be a step which is added to the game as an incentive for players to work together on a single piece, or allow for catastrophic failures if someone is working a gun by themselves. I am not a programmer and so I'll admit I am not sure what this would look like or how it would work.

(2) Pricking the powder bag should be added to the priming animation. No extra work for the player, just an added couple of seconds of animation. To skip this step in the process is like not adding the percussion cap on a musket. Makes no sense. I haven't timed it, but I swear I can load a cannon in War of Rights faster than I can load a musket, and that makes zero sense at all.

(3) Officers and NCO's should have the option to equip a gun sight, just like you can switch to a weapon or binoculars, and doing so when you enter the "elevating screw" adds a second of an animation which places the sight on the gun. I would add just a pinch of zoom to sighted guns. When you "f" away from the gun, the animation automatically removes the sight.

(4) I personally think fuse cutting should be added to the game, but I don't hate the way it is working right now and, honestly, I could see trying to get a pub player to cut my fuse correctly could be an absolute nightmare and make artillery basically unplayable.
    more or less exactly my point of view. Also worming should be added to balance the reloading speed which is hilarious at the moment.

Stopping the vent and manual fuze cutting would improve the teamgameplay for artillery because people would need to work together and will also slow down the reloading speed.

The actual system doesnt fit the game and it's targets in my mind but it is a good system for a first iteration. You guys made a fantastic job with the arti and it is on the way to a real simulation. (as far as i can judge as a guy with no experience) It would be a shame if you stop there and go on with laser pointer system. I hope you guys find a way and a solution for fuze cutting etc because in my mind you are very clsoe to perfection.

keep it up!
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

I have no objections to anything above, except worming which was only used to remove loaded rounds. The reload speed is about right, the video with Art Alphin live firing a gun at about a round every 45 seconds which is about what you see in game if they roll the gun back into battery.

The only thing that ticks me of regarding arty is the fact that you need like 5 whacks to clap a rebel if he charges at you, i think a ramrod should do the same damage like a riflebutt. So you can actually fight off Rambos and the likes without begging the infantry for help and being ignored anyways. Just my opinion here.