Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: cannons

Aha yes this is how I imagined it, so a bit like operations. I mean if you can get the artillery to work as a team on this kind of map then it would be amazing, it would look great too.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    The maps are 4x4km in size, basicly as big as the entire Kingdom Come: The Deliverance map.
    I am sure you are talking about the Historical Battle mode, which will be part of the full game one day. Its an old overview, but have a look here:

https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate3
    I don't remember reading this? This is pretty badass!

CSA Captain

See, I brought this game mode up before to a group of people but they acted like I was nuts, even though I knew I saw it mentioned somewhere. It's the whole reason I'm so hyped for the game's release. Only question is, how many players will be supported? 150 people total just won't cut it for a map this size.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    See, I brought this game mode up before to a group of people but they acted like I was nuts, even though I knew I saw it mentioned somewhere. It's the whole reason I'm so hyped for the game's release. Only question is, how many players will be supported? 150 people total just won't cut it for a map this size.

I believe they said that instead of fighting across the whole map, it will be broken up into larger sections.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    I agree, if they do indeed do it this way they are gonna need more people. Even if they break it up into smaller sections they are still gonna need more people. I’d say 250 people should be the minimum for a map this size.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I agree, if they do indeed do it this way they are gonna need more people. Even if they break it up into smaller sections they are still gonna need more people. I’d say 250 people should be the minimum for a map this size.
    250-300 would be good. And it's not even really about filling the space, it's about letting units actually have some decent size and operate truly as their own. It doesn't take that many people to make a line seem a lot bigger than it really is, and with 250-300 people, plenty of units could be well sized, operate independently, and really make a battle feel alive.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    250-300 would be good. And it's not even really about filling the space, it's about letting units actually have some decent size and operate truly as their own. It doesn't take that many people to make a line seem a lot bigger than it really is, and with 250-300 people, plenty of units could be well sized, operate independently, and really make a battle feel alive.
    I completely agree and I do hope one day we see those numbers.

CSA Captain

Even 300 seems small, given the scale they're going for and the map size. You'd need at least 500 if the map is truly as big as it seems from that dev note.

If they are going to break the maps up, that's a real shame. We already have maps dedicated to single points that would benefit from 250-300 men(Nicodemus Hill would be intense but manageable,) I don't really want to see a THREE point map with 250.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Hey there folks,

To answer the original question, cannons are eventually meant to be more than just a paper weight decoration on the field, since much like the cavalry arm they were an important influence on the field of battle. As mentioned in the Kickstarter update, we have a very expansive and ambitious plan that with any luck can be supported by the engine at play. As for the amount of players on a server at one time, we shall just have to see, though we hope to fit as many as possible.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hey there folks,

To answer the original question, cannons are eventually meant to be more than just a paper weight decoration on the field, since much like the cavalry arm they were an important influence on the field of battle. As mentioned in the Kickstarter update, we have a very expansive and ambitious plan that with any luck can be supported by the engine at play. As for the amount of players on a server at one time, we shall just have to see, though we hope to fit as many as possible.

+1
    I like ambition.