Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Companies

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    "If your company is inactive on the forums for 6 months - 1 year then a mod will comment and ask for a reply with in 7 days. If such mod does not get a reply within 7 days the thread will be deleted."

If i may reference this. this is the problem! inactivity on the forum for 6 months to a year. that means yes i would have to post every 6 months for you and the other moderators do not remove my forum post. but based on the company tool this and the idea is irrelivent. seeing as if i claim my company and don't post on here i will still own my company so long as i do not drop below the min amount of troops.

this would in an entirety means that you have gone threw great lengths to... might i dear say it... screw someone over. im not saying that the idea as a whole is bad its just flawed. and im sure that with more time and as this community developes it will be ironed out. Obviously yourself and others love the idea but alot of stuff based entirly off the community most of use came from i.e. North and South. this has given us ideas that may not form well inrelation to this new game like useing a forum to claim a company. thankfully the Dev's have made many changes to put a physical block to claiming of groups so no one man, may claim the rights to a regiment! WONDERFUL idea! and to set a minimum amount of troops need for a company and that if you fall below then you will lose it! forcing idle bags to get off their butts and try or face losing you company!

i know im ramibling but you need to put actual bearers not just the word of a person. (i will give an example) lets say you have an "bad relationship" with a Regiment and they dont post on the forum for over a year but are still active and still do events. Who and what is there to stop you from just saying, deleat that forum cuz they havent been active.

im not say you will nor can i say you or someone else wont but there are flaws that need to be worked out not just he said or she shit like this would/could be if you decide to really follow threw with it.

i don't often post on here. but when i do its for a reason. im not hear to get into heated disscutions, like i said its just my opinion and i do see faults. yes eveything good will have faults. BUT its better to take a step back and from a 3rd persons point of view try to see what is wrong!

Thank you!
    We will always look at reports about mods abusing their powers seriously. If one is found to have been abusing that power he is no longer a mod.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

You clearly haven't gotten the point of this policy or what it is aimed at.

1. If a company has claimed their company in the tool but have simply had a post saying "w.i.p" sitting in its ass for 6 months + we're getting ride of that.
    2. If a company hasn't formed or attempted to claimed their company in the tool and the thread has been sitting on its ass for 6 months + we're getting ride of that.

If a company has claimed their company and put effort into making their thread but hasn't posted anything in 6+ months, we will make an effort to get in touch their that company's leader to see if they're still active. We won't just blow it out the water on a glance. If they haven't claimed the company we will still make an effort to get in touch.

I also strongly recommend you take any thought of thinking you can use other community's as a base of an argument and leave it at the door. This isn't N&S with it's over puffed Generals and Colonel, this isn't NW where half the time communities just hurl crap at one another and this most definitely is not FSE, do not get me started on them. This is War of Rights, a new venture into the Civil War genre gaming and a new community with new rules and ideas. If you don't like it at the end of the day then that's unfortunate. Things will change and develop with time and a touch of error here and there but you can't come walking in making demands expecting things to change in a heart beat.

Now this last bit isn't meant as aggressive or anything but I would recommend trying to better structure and punctuate your argument. I found it hard to read with the capitals all over the shop. Again, not meant as aggressive or negative. It would just help me understand what you're trying to say.

USA Lieutenant General

I meant this solely as an opinion not to get people's knickers in a twist!

Firstly I would like to thank jam, as I do know that you would nip it in the butt if someone was!

Secondly, I would like to say bravesoct that none of what you have stated, at least in-depth was mentioned in the first point of this post! so if that is what is going to happen thank you for clarifying!

Now on to the comment about N&S, NW and so forth! as you are probably aware many if not 99% of the people who have gotten invested in this game are from those communitys. Having said that, that means all the problems quarles and other nonsence that was there will transfer over weather you like it or not! There are many similaritys when it comes to both communities weather it be on the FSE or on here. like when i look and you see the same sort of people creating "Armys" when at the end of the day there will be a tool for that! a phyisical thing that will dictate how that will work but all the poeple have to go off is what they knew! and that was from the old way layouts went like the UA and DA!

Now just a quick jump onto the topic of my grammer!
    indeed my grammer is shotty at best but i see no need for comment! just try your best and if clarification is needed feel free to ask!

i state only my opinion as much as we try to distence ourselves from N&S and FSE as a whole. you need to understand that all of that no matter how hard you try will transfer over in one shape or another! just like there are probably people you have met over on there that you dont like! and well! shit you probably wont like them here ether

just to sum it all up this is the N&S community! there can be fixes done with this idea! i may not be a moderator but you only have to read the forum for a few moments to understand where people want this to go and how far they are willing to go for it! Just needs a little more guidence from the dev's and mods!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Macliness; 10-17-2016 at 06:06 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

CSA Major

I would sorely dispute the claim that 99% of this community are composed of N&S/NW folk. There has, so far, been very little in the way of 'quarrels' and the forum is better off for it - leave your baggage at the door pal. I think you have the wrong impression of how the War of Rights forum is working. So far I see only one man here banging the drums loudly and that would be you.

USA Lieutenant General

As I have stated twice and I shall state it again it is of my own opinion! if you can not respect that then well there really is much for us to discuss. I have said this isn't meant to make people made it's merely to point out what I have seen! If you mean to tell me there is little to no quarrels on the forum that's because the mods are doing their jobs and are doing it well!

i state 99% as an obvious exaduration of the claim as anyone should understand that it is false. it is there merely to show that our community is built from N&S. If you feel the need to nit pick on sutch a minor thing you are looking for an argument witch i would please ask that you stop! mearly out of respect for both party's as i do not know you.

no one man or woman can have a wrong impression of this forum as it isnt finished nor will it be. a forum always growns with new ideas and views. so to say i have a "wrong impression" is insaulting at the very least.

i follow this community a lot i talk with hinkel often to see whats new not only in his personal life but how the game is going. i indeed believe i have the right impression of this community seeing as any view can be right it just depends on what perspective you see it from!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Macliness; 10-17-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Macliness View Post
    As I have stated twice and I shall state it again it is of my own opinion! if you can not respect that then well there really is much for us to discuss. I have said this isn't meant to make people made it's merely to point out what I have seen! If you mean to tell me there is little to no quarrels on the forum that's because the mods are doing their jobs and are doing it well!

i state 99% as an obvious exaduration of the claim as anyone should understand that it is false. it is there merely to show that our community is built from N&S. If you feel the need to nit pick on sutch a minor thing you are looking for an argument witch i would please ask that you stop! mearly out of respect for both party's as i do not know you.

no one man or woman can have a wrong impression of this forum as it isnt finished nor will it be. a forum always growns with new ideas and views. so to say i have a "wrong impression" is insaulting at the very least.

i follow this community a lot i talk with hinkel often to see whats new not only in his personal life but how the game is going. i indeed believe i have the right impression of this community seeing as any view can be right it just depends on what perspective you see it from!

Thank you!
    Are your comments above representative of the "quarrels" on the N&S forums that you keep referring to here? If so why are you bringing that nonsense here?

And just to be helpful, not critical, this forum has a spell checker.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3131&dateline=1476915  111

USA Lieutenant General

Thank you john I did not know that there was a spell checker!

Yes, you are very right this here would be fine examples of the quarrels. I post an opinion, not to step on anyone's feet! I'm then told that there are further precautions in place that wasn't clarified before That I now am aware of! but it continues. now I will say I am not without fault! there are always two sides to a discussion. But to nit pick on small if not irrelevant things can be more than annoying.

Its little things like this that you will see in the chats. an opinion is entirely just one person or groups of people and their point of view. I stated I don't want to step on people's feet, I'm just here to say what I think! and if someone can not respect that I may have a different view then we reach an impasse that only deepens this discussion past a point that it should have gotten.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Macliness; 10-17-2016 at 07:23 AM.

Would anyone please remind me why we seem to be arguing over what sort of demographic the forum consists of? What has it got to do with ghost companies?

- Trusty

CSA Brigadier General

Got to ask in reference to bravescots post.

What happens if the thread is good but not getting used however the company is active in the tool and using their own forums/steam groups etc? Will this mean we will lose our thread when its been made clear they mean very little now.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Challis89 View Post
    Got to ask in reference to bravescots post.

What happens if the thread is good but not getting used however the company is active in the tool and using their own forums/steam groups etc? Will this mean we will lose our thread when its been made clear they mean very little now.
    obviously not

If they can see a company actually exists they aren't going to take their thread down even if they aren't using it. They're only going to take the threads down that comprise of just a *wip* or *reserved* for companies that have made no attempt at forming on the company tool or on the forums.

in a few months time there is no excuse for a company to neither have a proper forum thread or presence on the company tool