Page 160 of 189 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1889

Thread: War of Rights - Patch Notes

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Mogyoro15 View Post
    Awesome!
    Agreed

I was just telling my lads the other day that Skirming is no where near as important as immersion.
    I, for one, feel greatly invigorated and am dying to spend more time testing the game now that I can shuck those damned shoes that have been keeping me from feeling the close kinship with my Arkansas Ancestors.
    Take THAT Ancestry.com!

And for all you Dev haters out there ...
    e571794b3465db4d63043c1aef25f4d2a9bea183e34c8532ae1bd6f38d9d082a.jpg
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Every update the server admin tool stops working. I just got the new "privileges.xml" code yesterday. Did you go back to the original with this update? btw tyvm for the tool.
    Last edited by AlexBloodworth; 03-12-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    Check out my Long Shots | Trick Shots | Battles on: YouTube

March 17th - Update 145 Released!

- This update includes new experimental network performance improvements. Please let us know if you experience any stability or performance differences between this update and the previous one.
    - Added a random selection of background high altitude clouds.
    - Several character updates and tweaks.
    - Added more bloody uniform materials.
    - Updated the burnside bridge model.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    March 17th - Update 145 Released!

- This update includes new experimental network performance improvements. Please let us know if you experience any stability or performance differences between this update and the previous one.
    what can we expect?

Will it result in less desyncs? Because often the position is not the same on client and server
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    what can we expect?

Will it result in less desyncs? Because often the position is not the same on client and server
    No, but it might result in better server performance and possibly also fix some of the crashes/mass boots.

There will always be a degree of "desync" or inaccuracy as that is the tradeoff for getting smooth player position updates.

The most accurate player position server settings will result in players stuttering/teleporting to their correct locations at each server tick which is not acceptable in a first person shooter such as WoR.

That is not to say we won't tweak the player interpolation settings in the future but there will always be some degree of inaccuracy tied to getting rid of teleporting/stuttering players.

- Trusty

USA Captain

- Updated the burnside bridge model.
    For those of us who cant get in game atm and for those who wont see the map until it cycles through (which could happen by chance or could take for ever) can we get a picture of the old bridge and new bridge side by side?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    For those of us who cant get in game atm and for those who wont see the map until it cycles through (which could happen by chance or could take for ever) can we get a picture of the old bridge and new bridge side by side?
    I don't have one of the old bridge at hand I think but here's the updated one:

Burnside's Bridge.jpg

- Trusty

USA Captain

I don't have one of the old bridge at hand I think but here's the updated one:

Burnside's Bridge.jpg

- Trusty
    Thats perfectly fine! It looks fantastic!

March 27th - Update 146 Released!

- Added door open and close sounds.
    - Possible fix for some players spawning with a 20 second desertion timer when Last Stand has triggered.
    - If Last Stand has triggered and there are less than 20 seconds left of a match. Players deserting will no longer have a desertion timer of 20 seconds if they desert. Their desertion timer in that case will instead always be lower than the time left of the match, making defenders in Last Stand unable to desert and win for their team as the timer runs out.
    - In order to prevent afk defenders from winning a game in Last Stand, the victory will be given to the attacker when the timer runs out if there are 3 or less defenders alive.
    - Added ear wind noise that is increased the faster the player is moving and if the player is facing the wind direction.
    - The flag of the flag bearer will now produce cloth sounds. The intensity of those cloth sounds will increase as the player moves around.
    - Changed the way footsteps are queued to reduce clipping when moving with a lot of players.
    - Added new and improved player movement and equipment sounds. Enter Ready, Exit Ready, Enter Aim, Exit Aim, Enter Kneel, Exit Kneel, Fix Bayonet standing, Unfix Bayonet standing, Fix Bayonet kneeling, Unfix Bayonet kneeling.
    - Increased the volume of vaulting and lightning sounds.
    - Possible fix for particle effects sometimes spawning in the wrong place.
    - The nametags and chat messages of developers will now appear Blue.
    - The name of the server that is currently being played on is now listed in the bottom of the tab screen.
    - Fixed the text chat no longer appearing by itself when the Auto Show HUD setting is disabled in the graphics options.
    - Fixed teamkills and ban messages being posted twice in the chat.
    - The text chat will now post whenever a developer or an admin force ends the round.
    - Prevented various hacks and cheats.
    - Several updates to the Burnside Bridge area in order to match its period surroundings. Moved the stonewall closer to the bridge, added missing fencing and made the Sycamore witness tree 150 years younger.
    - Updated the small sheds at Harpers Ferry.
    - Added new uphill and downhill movement animations.
    - Added new turn animations for various poses.
    - Added a new revolver aimpose and a sword melee mode aimpose.
    - Updated the model and textures of some of the wooden fences on all maps.

Attachment 10703

Very nice update! Yet I still find a a bigger flaw with last stand/final push. Now if there are 3 men left it's a auto win for attackers? Since final push gives unlimited respawns it can often come down to that small amount of defenders left and now if they somehow live through the onslaught their efforts are crushed once it hits 3 men. I get the afk being a problem but this can't be the best fix out there.