Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Company Tool [Suggestions]

USA Captain

Woah woah sorry, let's back up here. May have misread if someone could correct me.

So this vote feature means let's say I created a company etc, after a certain time members get to vote people in?

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the military but there's a reason there isn't a democracy when they select someone as a certain rank. If I'm right is there a possibility to disable this said vote feature? I don't really want to put all this work in as a leader and then have some member persuade everyone to mutiny, vote him in and take the company lol. The amount of drama this tool would cause.

True story here. What happens if some asshole sees all the work you e done, all the people you've recruited etc. Plants a lot of his mates in the company, gets them to begin a mutiny, spread etc. That years of work you put into your company? Gone. If this is an actually feature, I really don't see the point in even trying. If a member is unhappy with the company, they are free to leave but they won't be taking the hard work of others.

I'm praying I read wrong if someone could correct me.

Also Hinkel stated the following on the 2nd post, first page:

You can create your company threads in this forum!
    The tool will be released during the next months.

You can of course form a unit, which did not fight in the Maryland Campaign. But those are not available in the Company Tool at first.
    That was somewhere in 2015 I believe xD I really cannot wait for it! But am willing to for the best experience with it, really good job and innovative thinking with the 'muster' and 'enlisted' companies, it's awesome.

(Bad grammar and spelling, on a phone right now.)

Regards,
    Jackson
    Last edited by General. Jackson; 06-22-2016 at 04:11 PM.

USA Brigadier General

next months can mean 2 up to X months.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroodle_Humpervich View Post
    thx maximus how did u put that NYVI image there i would like to put one for my reg under my profile like that
    Just follow the instructions which are on the side before.
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 06-22-2016 at 04:14 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    I don't know if you guys are familiar with the military but there's a reason there isn't a democracy when they select someone as a certain rank. If I'm right is there a possibility to disable this said vote feature?
    Say hello to 1860s American Volunteer Regiments where all ranks were voted into their posts at muster.

USA Captain

I understand that this is a realistic feature but I'm going to share in my experience from running a clan, 12 divisions, being in over 6 regiments in NW, MilSim Clans ARMA III, Call of Duty, Battlefield etc are all games and clans I've taken a role in. Please from my experience this will be a breeding ground for broken friendships, mutinies and so much drama. The amount of drama this tool could possibly bring in the feature is insane, this toxicity levels of NW will be multiplied by 10 here and little wars will spread across and sides will be taken. I really don't want to put all the work in, do everything and then have it taken out of my hands because some bloke mutinied the regiment and destroyed the values we were built on. I can already see this coming.

Soon as a bloke who tries to attack me daily, is obsessed with 4RAR and tries to bring 4RAR down. He's going to come in and do the exact same thing. I believe if you make the company, it's yours when you hit 10 members, you go active. If they don't want you as a leader, the members may leave and let your company die but not let your hard-work die.

We don't need to fix something that's not broke and this isn't broken, it has worked in all the games I've played.
    Last edited by General. Jackson; 06-23-2016 at 02:17 AM.

CSA Brigadier General

Jackson with all respect I get that you have experience but many like how the tools going to be set up and have joined the game for the realism so kinda sucks seeing people want to dilute that. Ita the reason many have pledged maybe more than they would have. I for one hope the core realism isn't diluted otherwise we lose what's going to be unique about this game.

As to the voting I've always been under the impression it's when your creating a battalion or higher formation not something that can be done at will but to decide who will be leader of this new flrmation. as the company creater will be the clan leader so to speak so will be I'm charge of the company in all aspects.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

USA Captain

I'm not asking for the realism to be diluted but what I am is asking for them to consider the major issues this will cause since regiments/companies are a major part of this game.

See that's fine with me haha, thank you for clearing that up.

CSA Brigadier General

Fair enough but I can't see any problems it's going to be good and the company system will stop any arguments over 2 people reserving a full regiment etc. Also keeps the ranks universal and keeps with realism.

sig courtesy of MadWolf 42nd Pen

CSA Captain

more of a question but, What if you had a company on the forum made for example im in the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion Company B and we created a thread, But what if someone went in game and just created the Company who isn't affiliated with the our company? Would we need to make a whole new company or what? (sorry if this has been answered before) Because now all I can think of is someone having an argument with a leader of a Company, And he gets kicked from the Company, And it is now a race to see who can first create it in game so the guy who got kicked is trying to get revenge and destroy the Company.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    more of a question but, What if you had a company on the forum made for example im in the 1st Louisiana Zouave Battalion Company B and we created a thread, But what if someone went in game and just created the Company who isn't affiliated with the our company? Would we need to make a whole new company or what? (sorry if this has been answered before) Because now all I can think of is someone having an argument with a leader of a Company, And he gets kicked from the Company, And it is now a race to see who can first create it in game so the guy who got kicked is trying to get revenge and destroy the Company.
    That's where resurving a company comes in, I believe. If the company is already reserved then no one should be able to create the company in game.

CSA Captain

ah.. That makes sense now lol.