Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism on CSA teams is at an epidemic level

USA General of the Army

Sadly, if you continue to shine a light on these particular cockroaches they don't scurry away but rather they dance gleefully.

EVERY SINGLE TIME we get a new crop of players these mental midgets do this to see how much angst they can cause.
    Stop giving them attention and they will soon tire and move on.
    The Community has done a fine job, each time, ignoring and ostracizing them into silence and while some game mechanics are helpful it is the Community that shuts them up and sends them into hibernation and other games.
    UNTIL someone starts, yet another, of these threads that reward their bad behavior and reinforce their pattern of Stir, Enjoy, Hibernate, Return when a new batch of recruits arrive, Rinse, Repeat.

This is NOT exclusive to this game nor is it solely based on the views of the time period.
    Every game has these trolls and they will go elsewhere if we simply stop resurrecting these threads and handle this at Community and Company Level.
    Even IF a unit decides to recruit all these idiots ... THAT Company will soon find itself persona non grata ... just like their players.

Mute, Blacklist, Ignore and Play alongside those who act properly ... problem solved.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Sadly, if you continue to shine a light on these particular cockroaches they don't scurry away but rather they dance gleefully.

EVERY SINGLE TIME we get a new crop of players these mental midgets do this to see how much angst they can cause.
    Stop giving them attention and they will soon tire and move on.
    The Community has done a fine job, each time, ignoring and ostracizing them into silence and while some game mechanics are helpful it is the Community that shuts them up and sends them into hibernation and other games.
    UNTIL someone starts, yet another, of these threads that reward their bad behavior and reinforce their pattern of Stir, Enjoy, Hibernate, Return when a new batch of recruits arrive, Rinse, Repeat.

This is NOT exclusive to this game nor is it solely based on the views of the time period.
    Every game has these trolls and they will go elsewhere if we simply stop resurrecting these threads and handle this at Community and Company Level.
    Even IF a unit decides to recruit all these idiots ... THAT Company will soon find itself persona non grata ... just like their players.

Mute, Blacklist, Ignore and Play alongside those who act properly ... problem solved.
    Well said! Couldn't agree more!

Well put @Cooley - I think it's safe to say that this thread has served its purpose!

As a gamer and someone who is pretty damn liberal I can say that the racism in this game feels oddly appropriate. Playing on CSA half the teams got a southern accent, RPing and spouting racist nonsense but I expect that and a part of me fucking loves it! One surprise was how into the game emotionally people get and how alive and current the feelings from the Civil War seem. It's an emotional experiance to play this game and after a charge sometimes have tears in my eyes coupled with yelling crys of victory. If you hate the racism so much play Union and follow general Shermans advice in that we should of burned the south to the ground when we had the chance

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Alex the Martyr View Post
    ...and follow general Shermans advice in that we should of burned the south to the ground when we had the chance
    That's a lot of edge there.
    Second Lieutenant Douglas L. Landree
    Platoon Commander
    30th VA Vol. Inf. Regt. Co. A "Washington Guards"

Quote Originally Posted by Landree View Post
    That's a lot of edge there.

Triggered much? CSA snowflakes can dish it out but can't take it! Just a jest lads nothing more, at ease soldier.

CSA Captain

Always the little boys who post edgy shit, get called out on it, and then claim "I'M JUST KIDDING, ARE YOU TRIGGERED?" Lmao, look my dude; if you can't handle the banter then don't banter.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

New player here. Don't have thin skin but I don't want to hear the hard R, n-bomb every 2 minutes while playing CSA. If the answer from the devs to the racism is to suggest we mute people, then it needs to be easier to identify the person who is acting like a moron, because I personally can't tell who is talking most of the time because I have to hit 'T' and then spin around and identify which of my teammates was talking and then hope they are still speaking. If more than one person is talking at a time, then this is pretty much impossible.

I don't really want to recommend this game to friends unless there's a way to address this. Would probably behoove the devs to do something about it if they want to attract a more mature crowd to the game.
    Last edited by corporatewookie; 01-23-2019 at 04:26 PM.

CSA Major

The TAB menu now also shows who is speaking.