Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adding a vote kick to remove officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    If you add this, you also need to add a vote kick for players not following orders and therefore breaking the COs plan.....like having half of the forces standing back and playing sniper and then blaming the CO for being bad
    Not necessarily.

When a player is elected as a leader, normally there is cooperation consensus. That is certainly my experience.

Of course you’ll get some trolls/lone wolves in any system but thats a different topic.

Again, it’s not a perfect solution, there isn’t one, but it’s credible and feasible and there’s no viable alternative I am aware of.

No matter how you look at it, electing an Officer is infinitely better than what we have now.
    Last edited by Quaker; 01-09-2019 at 09:31 PM.

it would be nice if the units could be more decisive like only your unit seeing your unit line officers line your banner only spawns your unit. as far as such things as vote kick it wouldn't solve issues in the current state
    sergeants i feel can take on further responsibility
    it would also be pleasant to have a "take command" feature when a officer falls
    a request to "cede command" and so forth
    a ranking NCO is just a private with a sword
    giving a nco a squad of men to command allows for more diverse combat and provides you with the ability to uhh exit ones command for another
    using the "chat" for orders and which rank the officer or sergeant issued them.
    or add that the junior NCO can carry orders upon reaching his objective the orders are displayed this will cut the chatter of false orders and keep a immersive feel
    all in all its what the devs feel they can implement that sticks to their historical subject but right now it feels like a bad reenactment for other reasons. i do have faith that issues can be resolved and probably to my displeasure but not game breaking as tis life

USA General of the Army

Nice Concepts
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by itorca View Post
    it would be nice if the units could be more decisive like only your unit seeing your unit line officers line your banner only spawns your unit. as far as such things as vote kick it wouldn't solve issues in the current state
    sergeants i feel can take on further responsibility
    it would also be pleasant to have a "take command" feature when a officer falls
    a request to "cede command" and so forth
    a ranking NCO is just a private with a sword ..
    A time ago the Sgt.Maj had ability to draw lines (and carried a pistol)

+ The Sgt.Maj. could aid or take over when the officier died.
    + The Sgt.Maj. had an defensive/offensive weapon to protect his/her (wo)men.
    - Pistol shootout
    - Tons of Q-lines

The other NCO's do their part by relaying orders and keeping cohesion.

I believe when you pay/host a server there should be a simple command to assign the number of officers.

+ : Multiple regiments can have an officer for events
    +/- : random players picking up the role
    - Confusing Q-lines : (having colored lines per regiment or replacing the Q marker by a regiments flag would be nice)

P.S. : Spawning on the regimental flag has been asked before, will depend if we can fit a group in one regiment (also depend on the regiment/rifles).
    P.S. : I know on non event matches lot of players ask who's in command or run around … the unclarity creates chaos.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.