Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Holdfast: Nations at War will release Early Access at 8 PM CEST/2 PM EST tomorrow

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Pretty sure its unity?

- Trusty
    First time that I heard that they use unity. If they do so I am not impressed. In this case it looks shitty because unity can do more.

I thought they updated their own one from FSE
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    First time that I heard that they use unity. If they do so I am not impressed. In this case it looks shitty because unity can do more.

I thought they updated their own one from FSE
    https://connect.unity.com/p/games-ho...nations-at-war

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Now I am speechless and I don't know what I should think about it.

I hope they will invest more time in the future to make it looks better but I think they won't do it.

The core community give a damn about it. They want a competitive melee system and not the shit what they have atm.

In the end I am not impressed. Take a look at Hell let loose for example. They show that it is possible to create a great looking game with unity.

But I don't care. If I want a great looking game with realism I play WoR with my boys. If I want to sail or derp around and bother some kiddos I play HF
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Now I am speechless and I don't know what I should think about it.

I hope they will invest more time in the future to make it looks better but I think they won't do it.

The core community give a damn about it. They want a competitive melee system and not the shit what they have atm.

In the end I am not impressed. Take a look at Hell let loose for example. They show that it is possible to create a great looking game with unity.

But I don't care. If I want a great looking game with realism I play WoR with my boys. If I want to sail or derp around and bother some kiddos I play HF
    Hell let loose is an unreal engine 4 game. :P

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Unity, unreal, cry, frostbite.....

Where is the difference? xD

Ahh sorry. I messed it up with all the U's

-EDIT-

Fight for shorter Workdays!! And the right of free and unlimited coffee at your work to prevent such silly fails xD

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Well cry-engine is a single player passed engine

Unreal-engine is for mass amounts or player that still like the game to look good

Unity is for people learning game dev or an inde studio

And frostbite is only for EA

USA Lieutenant Colonel

They all seem to offer their own advantages and disadvantages, like CE3 pretty much kicks the arse of every other Engine when it comes to Foliage and Nature as that's what it was built around.

I wish indie Devs could license out Frostbite, it seems like a seriously powerful Engine.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    I wish indie Devs could license out Frostbite, it seems like a seriously powerful Engine.
    Well, good luck convincing EA about that!

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Captain

Hold Fast is a fine FPS. Very funny and at times somewhat like WoR. WoR Is much more serious and deticated to realismen, and the grafics are way beyond HF. But there are much great things in HF and there is a huge potential in the players over there, to come and join WoR once the game progress into the future. One thing i really like in HF, is the 3 person wiev, and how easy forming up goes using it !
    One thing is just the same in booth games . . . Officers shouting "Form a line" Slight diffrense is that in WoR people do form up, in HF a lot goes off to the battel line and form up there.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Hold Fast is a fine FPS. Very funny and at times somewhat like WoR. WoR Is much more serious and deticated to realismen, and the grafics are way beyond HF. But there are much great things in HF and there is a huge potential in the players over there, to come and join WoR once the game progress into the future. One thing i really like in HF, is the 3 person wiev, and how easy forming up goes using it !
    One thing is just the same in booth games . . . Officers shouting "Form a line" Slight diffrense is that in WoR people do form up, in HF a lot goes off to the battel line and form up there.
    Even though i like 3rd person view, 1st person view makes the game more realistic. Being in 1st person makes you feel that you're actually in the combat compared to a hovering camera behind your soldier. I actually hope that the devs keep 3rd person view outside of the actual battle servers.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX