Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    1 player should only be able to own 1 company simple as that
    A few problems on implementing this in the current state :

• You can 'reserve' a company and not even play (futureproofing ?)
    • There is no system in place to take 'over' ownership unless it's given to you. (no voting, shared ownership ....)
    • Accounts can be used to fill a company (who may not even have the game, or 'alt/fake' accounts)
    • Anyone can put a friend/trustee as a middleman as the front of a company.
    • Some people 'forget' to 'disband/transfer' their company leaving it frozen in time or unmanagable.
    • Bigger 'regiments/orgs' run into full 'CT companies' (100 men) -> as usual the question is when and how do you cleanup ?
    • Smaller 'regiments' might muster a '11 men' regiments (I have no issue with that), but in the future all 'regiments' might be take up or some people might not find an 'open' regiment to their liking. (heritage, historical interest, cool name ...)
    • Nobody wants to get 'confusement or/and getting a bad name', say 15thAL (Z) are great guys but 15thAL (Y) are trolls on speed ... it might wear down company (Z). (I know some user 'org' tags to, which can clarify some affiliation)
    • Bigger 'orgs' might be looking for a 'brigade/division/corps …' with an more expanded structure which can't be accomplished in the current 'CT' state. (these can be loose affiliations or centralized leadership)

Multiple 'stuff' poses an 'issue' in the current build, we can only give 'ideas/suggestions' or 'pinpoint problems' and hope the devs find the usefull.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Someone mentioned how people can impersonate company members. I think that might be an important benefit of linking the company tool to the game in verifying people's status in a given company perhaps through their status showing as verified showing in-game as part of that organization with their official tag existing at the start or beginning of the name which can also include the company letter if desired, or any other tag style. So their name would have some relatively non-intrusive color or boldness or any other indicator that means they're actually what they say they are. Perhaps even you could click on people's names in the 'score' screen and go to the CT in-game.

Though with a game like this if it came at any real loss of performance to the server as it now has to connect to the CT and verify such things then it might not be worth it. I'm assuming it won't though and that it would function in similar fashion as an externally-hosted banlist being referenced for relatively simple reasons.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    A few problems on implementing this in the current state :

• You can 'reserve' a company and not even play (futureproofing ?)
    • There is no system in place to take 'over' ownership unless it's given to you. (no voting, shared ownership ....)
    • Accounts can be used to fill a company (who may not even have the game, or 'alt/fake' accounts)
    • Anyone can put a friend/trustee as a middleman as the front of a company.
    • Some people 'forget' to 'disband/transfer' their company leaving it frozen in time or unmanagable.
    • Bigger 'regiments/orgs' run into full 'CT companies' (100 men) -> as usual the question is when and how do you cleanup ?
    • Smaller 'regiments' might muster a '11 men' regiments (I have no issue with that), but in the future all 'regiments' might be take up or some people might not find an 'open' regiment to their liking. (heritage, historical interest, cool name ...)
    • Nobody wants to get 'confusement or/and getting a bad name', say 15thAL (Z) are great guys but 15thAL (Y) are trolls on speed ... it might wear down company (Z). (I know some user 'org' tags to, which can clarify some affiliation)
    • Bigger 'orgs' might be looking for a 'brigade/division/corps …' with an more expanded structure which can't be accomplished in the current 'CT' state. (these can be loose affiliations or centralized leadership)

Multiple 'stuff' poses an 'issue' in the current build, we can only give 'ideas/suggestions' or 'pinpoint problems' and hope the devs find the usefull.
    Different story line. My comment was aimed that you me or anyone else should NOT be able to be owner of more then one company period.
    All the other stuff about does the company have actual members are they actual playing etc. That is something to take care of with curtain mechanics same as for the my statement. If you use a friend to own the company for you then fin let him be the owner then. Just you can not have five times Redleader listed as owner of multiple companies.

I agree this is just getting silly now. Look at the company tool in just the last few days, it looks as if every single cavalry troop, artillery battery, and infantry company has been claimed and being mustered by a single player that has signed up in the last week or two. Certain individuals have claimed multiple companies and batteries and this is now encouraging others such as a Nigel Walsh to attempt to muster multiple South Carolina companies in two different regiments at the same time. Additionally there are five 3rd Arkansas Company Ds being mustered, dont know how that could occur with the tool being set up in the fashion that it is.

Regardless the tool needs to be locked, rules and regulations need to be implemented, then the tool revamped and fixed while implementing game integration thus removing duplicate/spam/scam accounts and then the Company Tool being reset and used as it was intended.

USA General of the Army

Sorry why should people shell out more cash, to worry about who is or isnt in a company, when we have yet to get what all have paid for supporting WOR, based upon how much each person gave. I for one do not think its right to shell out more money, on a game program to form a company and have it listed. if it comes to that, I will just come up with my own company TAG and not worry about it. Im not giving anymore money on a game that I have no input in, if it differs from the developers, That they asked us to support them. Now that they got what they wanted from us supporting them, money to further game development, just to be told its going to be their way, all the way, and TIGHTEN the grip how the game is to be played. if one speaks out to loudly, faces being banned. I have seen so many good suggestions get washed over, never implemented, because it not what the developers want. In the end it was always gonna be what the developers wanted, and want. I just wish I knew this before I supported the game the way I did, when I was so enthusiastically overwhelmed how things were progressing, to my dismay and sadness, not like I can get a refund. As I also stopped telling others to buy this game. Now when I play and hear the gripping and complaining, i just say, welcome to the reality of WOR. As I dont promote WOR, I dont tell people not to buy it. I just say be thankful you didnt give as much as I did. that makes em feel better. Like most now, Im just an UPDATE PLAYER, and leave the playing to reenactors, and die hard players, and everyone is happy. WOR needs to concentrate on what we already paid for, then worry about people and the company tags they wear.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 08-08-2019 at 12:56 AM.

USA General of the Army

rourke pay all you want, I dont care to shell out 1 red cent more, for being worried about having a company linked to the game. I think Ive paid enough, 850.00 dollars in a game, that has a focus of its WOR way. and tighten the game forcing all to conform to one style. I cant wait to see the outrage when true effective range per weapons gets introduced and the CSA fields mainly the 1841 and 1842, no one will want to be on the southern side. and as it is 13 carbines means 13 horses. what effect will they truly have none, LOL to see the same aspect with field artillery, so lets get realistic on that matter, the southern side had bad Fuses,from the one manufacture, which made for a lot inaccurate firing. WOR wants to be so realistic after all, and even in the interview they gave, about WOR. stated they were for the northern side in this game, thus why the north get so much of advantage over the south in this game. its not about having equal teams. the north will have better guns over the south, but lets face that fact, the north did overall, the north fought with 1 arm tied behind its back, but the south had heart, the north didnt have, or why else did the real civil war last so long, better leadership and tactics. this game give none of that aspect. so im an update player, oh well, its a game my heart no longer is in for fun. so you pay to worry about having a company and its name tag, i will use the company im in till im forced to pay 1 cent more, then it will be just my name. why should a bullet go into one wall, then go through the house, after passing through 3 more walls and still have the same effect as if there was no walls at all and kill your character? armored piercing rounds wernt invented yet. one wall yes, even then the round would start changing velocity and direction. why should i play a game for the amusement of the other team. I havent played since the last update, and will play on the next update. when i get the scoped rifle, I may play more often, in the back field, at my amusement, unless WOR plans to penalize the CSA for that move too. I am not mad, not upset, its just a game that has fallen out of favor. I see a lot of guys now days, from WOR on an entirely new game, that recently came out. were teams have been balanced to fair play. not my fault. and company tags are not an issue.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 08-08-2019 at 09:12 AM.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    By asking a person to pay a small monetary token to claim a company, you are asking for them to demonstrate their desire and commitment for that particular company. $5 USD (roughly £4 pounds sterling?) is the cost equivalent of one or two liters of Coca-Cola, but, shucks, make it $1.00. The point is the $1.00 would be just one extra step to deter people — even after their Steam IDs are linked to the Company Tool — from insouciantly claiming companies without care or consequence. (It would also deter 13-year-olds and younger folks from claiming companies.)

No one has asked the developers to cease work on more important features such as Artillery or Cavalry or Donator Rewards in order to focus on fixing the Company Tool. We are merely brain-storming ideas to eventually improve this one aspect of the game. Most of the community is in agreement that the Company Tool is dysfunctional and should be revamped in the future. Based on the ideas expressed in this thread thus far:

1. All Company Tool profiles should be linked to Steam IDs and require verification of some sort.
    2. Companies should auto-disband via an inactivity timer if their Leader hasn't logged-in after a set period of time or, alternatively, ownership of the company should fall to the next highest-ranking person within the company or, alternatively, add a recovery method for whoever the leader has specified as their successor (as rbsmith7 suggested).
    3. Add an easier method for Company Leaders to mass-discharge inactive members from their company (as Redleader suggested).
    4. Eventually link the Company Tool to the game to verify people's in-game status in a given company (as Poorlaggedman suggested).

Et cetera...
    Totally agree with everything above - I started this thread to not only expose the problem, but to generate ideas within the community that could possibly be implemented in the future to help correct it. I appreciate everyone one who has chimed in ON TOPIC as asked by the Devs & Mods. I can say that since this post was started , I have sadly seen the issue double on itself as more and more companies have been mustered using these alt accounts. But I will also point out that bashing the developers and blaming them on this or any other post will obviously have no effect on the outcome. On the other hand, the devs have reached out to the WOR community in many cases for help and ideas, some of which were minor alterations but have been implemented since. War of Rights is and has always been an investment of sorts, a chance to help create and test a game we could all get behind, because of personal interest or love of history. Point is, no matter how much money one has invested in Crowdfunding, Steam Key give-away's, supporting a private server or reporting in game bugs etc- it was done of your own free will and should not be leveraged against the developers, your expectations or any personal time frame.

“With more than 6 years in development (and having had crowdfunding backers help us test the game and develop its mechanics in the some 120 alpha updates released over the past two years) we have chosen a methodical update release schedule. We are dedicated to bringing as many details and features into this game as possible as long as we have the support to do so. There is no end goal for us and thus no set target for how long we plan for the game to be in Early Access."
    Last edited by dogofspades; 08-19-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Who do I post information to about alt dumping in companies , a hour after the devs just cleared them the night before by the same individuals ?

Months later and its still a shitshow.

Very easy to see - there is a 2nd something in the compay tool which has every company of that regiment fullly mustered in a single day, and the "naming convention" of the ten names in each of those companies are obviously made up fakes.

And, because I had heard of when someone was mustering something then another person would similarly muster that company with fake names, then I was completely silent about my own company being Poague's Battery so that someone would not do the same thing to me: apparantly it is sometimes done because someone just likes to troll that way.