Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (N)CO's being able to "grab" privates.

Please refer to the other thread regarding our stance on the matter.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I think it is an excellent idea to allow NCOs & Officers to grab their enlisted and move them, it will actually allow what were file-closers to do what they did in real battles.

USA Captain

I really think it would be nice, but it SHOULDNT in any case interrupt a reload / bayonet fix or any other animation , so it won't be abusable on player standing still at spawn for example.
    ALSO it would be very useful to debug the ones that spawn in someone else
    "If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it"
    -Mark Twain

CSA Lieutenant General

I might be out of my mind, but how about an NCO just use that nifty little "vicinity chat" and mutter the words "come on boys, fill the gaps, dress the lines......and pour it on the enemy, lets rally boys!!!" into their mics? Wouldn't that do the trick? As per many of the other conversations in the forum have gone, if you're company is not drill-worthy, then your lines will show as such. Just my opinion. Let the negativity begin.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Lieutenant Colonel

This problem could be half solved with a squad system

e.g.

Form squad at spawn

then when the officer places the line waypoint thing there will the corresponding Players Numbers along the line telling them exactly where to go, could even extend it so the Officer can place individual markers for individual Players.

To get Players attention, you could have the officer shout at Players, like:

Officer looks at Player whos attention he wants, presses F, Character shouts, 'Hey, you!' and the Player being shouted at will have their screen flash white along with a UI icon of an Officer yelling (along with hearing the officers shout).

The original idea would be too open to abuse imo.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post

Which scenario would you prefer visually, the current 'rag tag' lines of either quick time or charging soldiers desperate to form some sort of column, or the well drilled company marching towards the guns?.......For me its not a case of semiautonomous AI, its more a case of immersion and ease of play.
    Having both been in the real military (USMC), and a Civil War reenactor, I can tell you it comes down to training and discipline. Some WoR units try to have scheduled drill times (such as the 1st TX.), which will teach the players how to respond to commands and what is expected of them....just like in real life. And just like real life, some units/branches are better led and better trained than others. In Marine Corps boot camp, drill is a way of life. And when you watch Marines at their boot camp graduation, you can tell they spent ALOT of time working on it. Everyone is in step, they obey commands instantaneously, their uniforms look sharp....and then you have others Ive seen (I will not mention who). The troops are out of step, their uniforms are unkempt, there is a lack of discipline, &c. So, for immersion's sake, an undisciplined mob who gaggle fxxks to and fro are just as realistic as a disciplined and well trained unit in the field.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    I might be out of my mind, but how about an NCO just use that nifty little "vicinity chat" and mutter the words "come on boys, fill the gaps, dress the lines......and pour it on the enemy, lets rally boys!!!" into their mics? Wouldn't that do the trick? As per many of the other conversations in the forum have gone, if you're company is not drill-worthy, then your lines will show as such. Just my opinion. Let the negativity begin.
    I use voice chat a lot but sometimes privates they take too long to get into place. The people I lead into combat are drill worthy but sometimes even a vet needs to be pushed along to insure a nice dressed line.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX