Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: War of Rights is launching on Steam Early Access December 3rd 2018!

CSA Major

labelle that was one of the a pretty good line battle if i remember right who was not doing what they were supposed to i watched and really didnt see anything wrong everyone was in lines that is saw enlighten me where to look or who was the offending parties just asking cause that really looked good compared to most of the line battles

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVc42V4Abs

About 8 months old, but certainly wasn't the first time, or last time, an entire unit has shown up to a pre-agreed upon double rank formation event and decided to lonewolf/rambo/skirmish.
    Ahhh that was 3rd Alabama that was skirmishing.

CSA Captain

that is saw enlighten me where to look
    Ahhh that was 3rd Alabama that was skirmishing.
    Big brain energy.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    They will be rented just like it is possible to rent servers for other games, yes.

That is a perfectly acceptable stance to take - we'll provide plenty of official WoR servers for everyone to play on.

- Trusty
    So you expect me to pay for a server that I can't controll who I want to come in and out when I want to? The 42nd intends very much to host events, very serious realisum events, and I'll be DAMNED if I have to pay for a server that can just be accessed by any chump. I don't often say this, but this is an outragously stupid idea and one that really needs rethinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    So you expect me to pay for a server that I can't controll who I want to come in and out when I want to? The 42nd intends very much to host events, very serious realisum events, and I'll be DAMNED if I have to pay for a server that can just be accessed by any chump. I don't often say this, but this is an outragously stupid idea and one that really needs rethinking.
    Thank you for the feedback.

As stated earlier, no we do not expect you to pay for anything. We have 50 game servers at the ready to ensure you don't have to.

We'll consider how to deal/if we are to deal with password protected servers based on how the launch goes.

- Trusty

You must realise that if you have a game that is still in early access pre launch, with most of the userbase being in private servers, it'll kill the game. New players won't have a way to play.

Go on most servers now and maybe 80% of the people are in companies. If they were all on their own locked servers the game would be dead for anyone new.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by anderon46 View Post
    You must realise that if you have a game that is still in early access pre launch, with most of the userbase being in private servers, it'll kill the game. New players won't have a way to play.

Go on most servers now and maybe 80% of the people are in companies. If they were all on their own locked servers the game would be dead for anyone new.
    I'm not suggesting in anyway way that the behaviour of hiding in a locked server is okay. Should my unit host a server it would be open around 90% of the time. We would however like the ability to lock it every now an then for those events where we really don't want it to be disturbed by non-invited companies or public players. The 42nd plans on hosting public events, but the inability to host private events or hold private unit matters due to an inability to lock the server is a very aggrivating thought.

CSA Major

It will come Bravescot, I'm sure the list of things CG have to do is mammoth. You've done alright so far, eh?

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    It will come Bravescot, I'm sure the list of things CG have to do is mammoth. You've done alright so far, eh?
    I know, but I was SO looking forwards to begining test private and public events. Seems it will be public events first that get tested!

CSA Major

I know, but I was SO looking forwards to begining test private and public events. Seems it will be public events first that get tested!
    I know dude, the larger companies here would especially benefit from a little private time to practice movements with larger bodies of men.