Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Artillery Progress & The Platform System Explained - May 2nd 2020

Just wondering, will NCOs be able to have field glasses? I dont suppose it would matter much for public matches, but in regimental play where an officer of a regiment would have to play as an NCO, I think it would help a lot to have field glasses to monitor the shots.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Only down to the Sergeant of the Piece. The Gunner, (corporal,) won't or shouldn't.

CSA Major

As there isn't any destructable objects in game at the time of writing this, I was wondering if the artillery objects themselves would be affected by direct hits from enemy projectiles? Would an artillery piece, limber or a caisson be disabled/destroyed or would a partial (blast radius) or direct hit be a wasted shot if it didn't also hit gun crew?
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

Hello Devs,

I was wondering wether you are planning on releasing the 200 player servers with or around artillery release. Looking back at the feedback and videos from the 200 man stress test it seemed pretty positive and stable. I would also imagine that if you added artillery you would remove a lot of players from the line, by adding two hundred man severs it would add enough slots to increase the soldiers on the line while also providing enough men to set aside enough guys for the artillery. Thanks for all the updates, I cant wait for artillery.

Another question I have, what are the shells being modeled in? At first I thought they might be the 3" Schenkl, but now it kind of looks like the 3" Dyer?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Dyer and Parrott. they're both pretty close to each other.
    But Dyer was specifically made for the 3 inch ordnance.

USA General of the Army

So, we're coming up on the end of the month and still a lot of silence on any sort of progress. Are we getting close to a release of this update?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    So, we're coming up on the end of the month and still a lot of silence on any sort of progress. Are we getting close to a release of this update?

Lol. We are still awaiting a fix for the dead rising bug and the implementation of 200 player servers. Artillery was previewed over a year ago and per their last "update" it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a shame really. This game has so much potential, but for whatever reason, it appears the development has stagnated.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    We'll probably create a progress report within too long as it has been close to a month as you point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimp View Post
    Lol. We are still awaiting a fix for the dead rising bug and the implementation of 200 player servers. Artillery was previewed over a year ago and per their last "update" it doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a shame really. This game has so much potential, but for whatever reason, it appears the development has stagnated.
    Artillery was first previewed on the 17th of September, 2019 (the anniversary of Antietam). The development is progressing although we realize that it may seem as though it isn't from the outside (which is why a progress update every month is a good call). While Mike, our programmer, continues to work on getting rid of the release blockers (a few are likely to have been fixed since the last progress report) other team members are able to work on other things that otherwise wouldn't have made their way into the initial artillery release. We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We'll probably create a progress report within too long as it has been close to a month as you point out.

We'll go into detail with some of those in the progress report itself.

- Trusty
    Thatīs about all I want to hear good Sir. Thank you for those reports, keep them coming and keep us informed on what is going on in Aquavit-Land!

Cheers lad`s!