Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions

CSA Lieutenant General

Hello Everyone,As a representative of “The German Volunteers” staff and administration, I would like to extend the TGV`s most sincere gratitude to the entirety of the War of Rights community for their fantastic support and engagement for the ideas we proposed in this post.

There have been some amazing suggestions already and we are sure that this discussion and debate will continue to thrive. Additionally, we would like to extend our enormous gratitude to the development team who have been so very receptive and willing to engage with our community on many of the points raised in this post.

We have noticed that recently the debate has become somewhat heated with public players and event-based players each making good arguments for their preferred playstyle.

We as the TGV understand the concerns of public players who of course do not want to be neglected in future updates and gameplay changes and just wanted to make sure that we let you know that we appreciate your efforts and that we support the idea of enhancing public play.

In return we also hope that you understand and can tolerate our interest in a more event-based formula, the two of which are not mutually exclusive.

We have been known to have open drill sessions and public play sessions which we intend to expand and utilize more often to engage more actively with the public player community.

I hope we can find an effective way of combining the public player suggestions and concerns with the ones we and other Company players have brought forward to the developers already to make this game and enjoyable experience for both.

We would request though, that the discussion remains civil as otherwise neither group will be heard by the developers and neither side will enjoy the rewards for their efforts to make this game better.

Sincerely,“The German Volunteers” Community, Administration and Staff

Not sure if this was already mentioned in here and I missed it, but having the ability to change your name in game would help regiments out significantly in my opinion. When you have a full tag system, not all members particularly want to change their entire Steam name to be regimental tags, and the option of creating the file to do so inside your save game can be a bit of a hassle. An easy renaming feature for regimental tags would simply the process of bringing new members into regiments, creating a better retention rate for new users in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchaun View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned in here and I missed it, but having the ability to change your name in game would help regiments out significantly in my opinion. When you have a full tag system, not all members particularly want to change their entire Steam name to be regimental tags, and the option of creating the file to do so inside your save game can be a bit of a hassle. An easy renaming feature for regimental tags would simply the process of bringing new members into regiments, creating a better retention rate for new users in the community.
    This feature currently exists, it affects the in game name quickly but takes a round or two to be reflected in the tab list. It's a command line thing; if you search the forums for server commands you can find the thread that details it. Hope this helps.

CSA Captain

Steam names currently refresh in game.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    I believe he means as a field in the Settings/Options screen as opposed to the cl_nickname command line.
    Correct, a simple and easy method where a permanent in-game name can be set specifically for War of Rights, an option in the settings menu for instance.

USA Brigadier General

something we completely missed on the list:

leaning would also be a great function. leaning at least to the right. this would make playing in formation easier, as the back rank would not have to move to the right to shoot and back at the shoulder arms command.

a simple function, which would prevent some frustration by desync.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Hello,
    Before I say anything I want to say that the game is so much good. I play on integrated graphics and I don't have any lag.
    It feels like a real war event. But it can have more than that.
    I belive there should be more factions outside America (bandits and more).
    Bugs I noticed:
    - When I exit the game it needs 10-30s to close.

Suggestions:
    - More classes: Drummers, Fifers, Builders (like theye can build trenches, cover, fences, bags, fix doors and put more stuff), Artillery, Cavarly. Axe infarty, Vice Officer, Medic (maybe).
    - Movement is kinda weird while attacking the enemy, that could be better, also maybe 1.5s before attacking again.
    - Flag barrel has very wierd flag movement (would be cool some more animations for it ex wave). Like it would be cool to add a needle on the top of the flag so it can be used as defence. Flags are very important in the game so the person holding it should somehow be able to protect himself.
    - A real map could be good for new players that just started. I know T is a good way to find themselves.
    - Better Interface menu
    - Servers are sometimes laggy. There are a lot of hostings panels that might be interested to work with the servers.
    - If somone is running from the lines, officers can execute that person (1 person per 2-5 minutes).
    - Ammunition for officers.
    - Indicator above heads of the person is ally or enemy.
    - Linux and Mac support.
    - Able to create your own regiment. (logo editor, colors and etc)
    Final:
    Keep a good work on the game. Its so fucking amazing, I have so much fun!! Can't wait the game to leave alpha.
    People are so nice, events are amazing. I belive developers should do a live stream and playing the game with players.

Has it been suggested the option to cut the reload animation while in drill camp? It doesn't make sense to spend 3/4 of your time of training not actually training but watching your virtual ego reload your virtual rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post
    Has it been suggested the option to cut the reload animation while in drill camp? It doesn't make sense to spend 3/4 of your time of training not actually training but watching your virtual ego reload your virtual rifle.
    Isn't it the meaning of a drill camp? Trying to drill the "loading in 9 times" again and again?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Isn't it the meaning of a drill camp? Trying to drill the "loading in 9 times" again and again?

Look at who even uploaded the video.