Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Morale System

The time it takes to capture a point is your time to recapture it.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Yes but it varies depending on just how many enemy are there. If there are a lot and you were killed defending it you have no chance to return. In other words if the two teams are working closely together you have no chance to return.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    I agree with this strongly, it really really annoys me when this happens because sometimes arty will decimate your formation or whatever on point. Even if they do manage to break through and capture the point, there should be time allotted to be able to retalliate and possibly take the point back. In an event, this wil be crucial because the capture meter will not be slow and rapidly fill up and then we lose.
    I just don't think artillery should pound the crap out of the cap mid-round. This happened last night in the corn field. Union troops all died, Confederates took objective. After 25 minutes of hard fighting. Honestly... when I had a say in a game I hosted I made mappers take out excessive random explosions that were triggered by nobody and happened totally random to use their maps
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Artillery is what it is currently, because it's randomly generated as you've been told.
    Ultimately and eventually when they get to the point of adding player controlled artillery it will be much more realistic, as the randomly generated stuff I hope will be done away with.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post

I also don't care for the instant-cap wins. There should at least be a limited chance for a counterattack
    They are a bit annoying, the losing team should get one set of emergency reinforcements after an Objective is taken from them (1 Life no respawn until objective is taken back) imo.

This would still be punishing to bad defenders but make it slightly more fair all round imo.

Day of Infamy has an interesting system where when a certain number of Waves are depleted a fallback point is set (a Player from that team has to run there into this spawn zone for their team to respawn) could be interesting to experiment with this as an alternative to the current insta cap win.

Running all the way back to spawn to get your team to spawn would be annoying, so maybe have these as Officer set (if you're Officer is still up and the Objective is taken he can set one and X amount of Players have to be within this zone for a respawn to happen) this would naturally force a retreat/regroup for a last push on the Objective.

Artillery as a whole, player controlled or AI, should be nerfed greatly. A single Parrot gun, with a few rifle-armed guards, could easily decimate a unit of 50, nevermind 32.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by R21 View Post
    They are a bit annoying, the losing team should get one set of emergency reinforcements after an Objective is taken from them (1 Life no respawn until objective is taken back) imo.

This would still be punishing to bad defenders but make it slightly more fair all round imo.

Day of Infamy has an interesting system where when a certain number of Waves are depleted a fallback point is set (a Player from that team has to run there into this spawn zone for their team to respawn) could be interesting to experiment with this as an alternative to the current insta cap win.

Running all the way back to spawn to get your team to spawn would be annoying, so maybe have these as Officer set (if you're Officer is still up and the Objective is taken he can set one and X amount of Players have to be within this zone for a respawn to happen) this would naturally force a retreat/regroup for a last push on the Objective.

Sounds Great!
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The effect is you lose the game when you have no morale left.

- Trusty
    So if I am following this correctly the messages saying "Battle Ready" then "Taking Losses" and finally "Breaking" are just letting you know what level your morale has dropped to on its way to zero.

There are no other effects of the morale dropping like slower respawns, cap on respawns, etc.?
    Fighting at while marked "Breaking" isn't any different from "Battle Ready".
    Lightfoot

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Sounds Great!
    Cheers!

I'm basically imagining a hybrid between DOI' Fallback system and Squads officer Placed Rally points, but instead of the remaining Team members spawning on this Rally/position they just spawn back at the Normal spawn. I could genuinely see this leading to some very intense Gameplay, like a team having captured an objective rushing to try to find the remnants of the other team to stop them from doing this, balancing holding a good defensive position against going out after them and potentially meeting the last wave of incoming reinforcements.

I don't know how difficult this would be to do as there are a few varialbes, like whether or not any Officers are left (could make it so both Officers and NCO's can do this) and it'd have to be scaled to the amount of Players left on the Team (like if there were 12 Players left you'd need 8 Players in this zone for the respawn to happen). I suppose if there were a UI element attached to it (Officer Places Zone and all remaining Players can see exactly where it is) it could work reasonably well.
    Last edited by R21; 10-09-2017 at 10:09 PM.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    So if I am following this correctly the messages saying "Battle Ready" then "Taking Losses" and finally "Breaking" are just letting you know what level your morale has dropped to on its way to zero.

There are no other effects of the morale dropping like slower respawns, cap on respawns, etc.?
    Fighting at while marked "Breaking" isn't any different from "Battle Ready".
    That seems to be what he was saying.

Specifically, it is a replacement for the old ticket counter. Instead of directly telling players how many tickets are left, the new system describes it in terms of morale, which is more ambiguous. IIRC, a reason for this was to prevent players from seeing if they killed someone by checking the ticket counter.

Best,
    Dman979

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    That seems to be what he was saying.

Specifically, it is a replacement for the old ticket counter. Instead of directly telling players how many tickets are left, the new system describes it in terms of morale, which is more ambiguous. IIRC, a reason for this was to prevent players from seeing if they killed someone by checking the ticket counter.

Best,
    Dman979
    That and our dynamic player count scaling system (1 death with 64 players on the server = 1 “ticket”, 1 death with 2 players on the server = 32 “tickets”) as well as our formation buff soon to be decreasing the “ticket” cost when dying while having it means a straight up number shown makes little sense (“oh no! We just lost 12,6472 tickets!”).

- Trusty