Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 47th Virginia Infantry - Company E

CSA Captain

Glad to see the regiment growing sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob L. View Post
    Glad to see the regiment growing sir!
    aye
    Last edited by Captain Armistead; 05-31-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Howdy. Just trying to get started in WOR.

I had two 3rd great uncles in Company C, SGT James H Fones & PVT Henry Randall Fones. My great-grandfather was named after them (James Randall Fones). They were from Foneswood, Virginia (area named after their family), near the Richmond/Westmoreland County line, about 5 miles west of Montross. James died in camp about a week after Seven Days ended, near (what's now) Laurel Hill United Methodist Church on New Market Rd in Richmond, VA. I have been unable to determine if from wounds or illness, nor have I found where he is buried. His older brother Henry was mortally wounded in the counterattack at Prospect Hill at Fredericksburg. He is one of the Confederates buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Anyhow, now you know why I am volunteering for the 47th! I'm about to try and figure out how to add Patterson on Steam.

Thanks, Derek

EDITED: Not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I sent a friend request to a Lt Patterson, but I can't seem to find Capt. DiPietro. How do I add a name in Steam? Yea, I'm fresh fish.
    Last edited by derekundrwd; 02-28-2020 at 03:47 AM.