Thread: A few questions

A few questions

Selectable Rank Insignia
    I have heard from multiple people this is in the works, but I've stopped hearing that whenever I ask and now I get, 'I dunno' from most people. Just wondering what the status of this is or priority and stuff. It would just be really really nice to be able to choose NCO and Officer rank insignia and not get constantly set to the god damn Sergeant Major, who I do not want to play as 90 percent of the time. And most people are Corporals and Sergeants, you rarely get that rank insignia, especially the Corporal.

Artillery
    In the stages of development (Alpha, Beta, Early Access), which one would we most likely see artillery in? I know this could be a very hard question to answer, feel free to say, "Unable to say"

Bug Report

Animation Bugs
    I am getting a lot of animation bugs. When I will try and sprint, my guy will go from shoulder arms to sprint then back to shoulder arms then back to sprint. Sometimes when double quicking I will get the same. Another one is when I play as the 4th Pennsylvania Cavalry, they can get a rifle, pistol, and sword. Switching between them is a total nightmare, for me at least. I will go to my pistol, then to my sword but because I accidentally hit the selection too many times, I have to restart it. Why did I hit the change weapon button twice? Because the animation start is really delayed, 3-4 seconds before it switches. Sometimes I outright cannot switch back to my rifle after the sword, my character goes into using the rifle as a baseball bat for melee mode and no matter what I do, I cannot go back to my rifle, only my pistol and sword. Every combination of weapon switching is totally fucked and extraordinarily frustrating to use. I haven't really heard anyone else complain about this though, so I am wondering if this is just me. Finally, one of the most tactically annoying ones are players who are appearing to aim away from you, usually facing totally left or right and almost at another enemy, confuses some people so they go in or try to move, die, and get pissed off.

Bayonet Bugs
    Only one I have seen that is outrageous is people stabbing me with bayonets through two fences and 20 plus feet of distance.
    Last edited by McMuffin; 12-03-2017 at 12:40 AM.

USA Lieutenant General

Yeah, there are tons of animation bugs still to be dealt with. I hate it so much when I try to shoot a guy on the move, which I'm actually not half bad at, only to see him suddenly jump back or forward by 10 feet because the game hadn't caught up with where he actually was. It's also extremely annoying to try to use a snake-rail fence (or a tree) for cover, but if I'm too close to it and try to kneel I'm stuck standing up (the game claims that I'm kneeling) until I move, whereupon my character "stands up" despite already standing and moves, while also putting his rifle away because when you stand up you automatically switch back to "At the ready". My main gripe with the bayonet is how I can be almost on top of someone when I try to stab them but it feels like the reach on my bayonet is about two feet in front of me because I somehow still manage to "miss".

Also, the problem that you're having as 4th PA is that if you use your sword but don't switch back out of Melee mode before switching back to your rifle, you're stuck in Melee mode until you go back to your sword and disable it. It's definitely a bug and it was the weirdest thing ever when I first played as that unit, and our entire squad was affected by it which confused the heck out of our officers who kept shouting "Get out of melee mode guys! Push V!" which, again, doesn't fix the problem until you switch back to your sword first. It was pretty amusing though, having our entire line holding their rifles like a bat in an open field for no apparent reason.

Another one is when I try to aim, he won't aim, he'll cock the hammer then go back to shoulder arms THEN aim. Along with not jumping fences has costed me many deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Selectable Rank Insignia
    I have heard from multiple people this is in the works, but I've stopped hearing that whenever I ask and now I get, 'I dunno' from most people. Just wondering what the status of this is or priority and stuff. It would just be really really nice to be able to choose NCO and Officer rank insignia and not get constantly set to the god damn Sergeant Major, who I do not want to play as 90 percent of the time. And most people are Corporals and Sergeants, you rarely get that rank insignia, especially the Corporal.

Artillery
    In the stages of development (Alpha, Beta, Early Access), which one would we most likely see artillery in? I know this could be a very hard question to answer, feel free to say, "Unable to say"
    Rank Insignia:

The selection of ranks (and weapons) is in work, but we have no estimation, when its released.

You can see the work in progress screenshot here:

https://warofrights.com/Content/Imag...gimentMenu.jpg

Artillery:

Unable to say

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Rank Insignia:
    You can see the work in progress screenshot here:

https://warofrights.com/Content/Imag...gimentMenu.jpg
    Looks good! Can't wait to have it implemented, it will definitely give the game a much more detailed appearance and also please a lot of people who want these mechanics.