View Poll Results: Whats Your Thoughts On This Post?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea, Good Idea

29 93.55%
  • Nope. Bad Idea, Go Back To Your Arty Tent And Think What You've Done

1 3.23%
  • Other.... (Please Explain)

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company Tool Artillery Batterys Platoons

Company Tool Artillery Batterys Platoons

Hello, Thomas H. Bates Officer Of The 1st New York Battery A Here, I Have A Question About The Company Tools Platoon System For Artillery. As Of Now, Every Company, Of Any Class, Has 2 Platoons And One Company Staff, But For Artillery They Would Have As Many Platoons As Guns They Would Had (The 1st New York Had 4 Platoons, But Bigger Batteries Would Have Up To 6, Mainly Union). My Suggestion Would Be Is There Is A Setting For Artillery Batters To Choose How Many Platoons They Would Want To Help Make It More Organized.

I Would Like To Hear Yall's Opinion About The Topic.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery

USA 1st Lieutenant

I do believe that the Company Tool is only set up for infantry companies right now. I'm sure that will change in the future.
    Best,
    Dman979

I think we should also have quartermaster ranks and guard roles, and oh god more please...I need help... etc.
    -Brevet 2nd Lieutenant First Battery Quartermaster Sergeant Gawain A. Davis III of 1st New York Company A

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow_Flyer View Post
    Hello, Thomas H. Bates Officer Of The 1st New York Battery A Here, I Have A Question About The Company Tools Platoon System For Artillery. As Of Now, Every Company, Of Any Class, Has 2 Platoons And One Company Staff, But For Artillery They Would Have As Many Platoons As Guns They Would Had (The 1st New York Had 4 Platoons, But Bigger Batteries Would Have Up To 6, Mainly Union). My Suggestion Would Be Is There Is A Setting For Artillery Batters To Choose How Many Platoons They Would Want To Help Make It More Organized.

I Would Like To Hear Yall's Opinion About The Topic.
    The devs have already stated, that this feature will come when the arty part is added to the game.
    Also i think a battery (Union) would have 3 pieces (Same as a section) each led by a first or second lieutenant. A piece would have two canons, each commanded by a sergeant. Under the sergeants comand there would be two corporals ( a junior and a senior). The senior corporal would be in charge of the canon itself, and the junior would be in charge of the equipment.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

USA Lieutenant General

The company tool at the moment is only set up for infantry. Though they have arty and cav/sharps added their. Special company stuff most likely will not be added till those are featured in game. At the moment they are focusing on infantry and that is where Skirmish 1 comes in. Its not hard to read in between the lines.

Well... I just realized there is a company tool section I could of posted this in. I was looking for it on my computer and couldn't find it but I found it on my phone ( I guess I am really blind) Could I get someone to move this to the company tool, I am sorry for posting it in the wrong section

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Maybe a nice forum moderator will move this to the proper place for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Done.

Thanks, again my apologies for posting in the wrong section