View Poll Results: A good addition to WOR?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 65.59%
  • No

26 27.96%
  • I have my own ideas on the subject

6 6.45%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Segmented Reloading

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I think it's a good option to have there and Players would still be able to do the full Reload without the need to tap R during by holding R for say 1-1.5 seconds. I wouldn't exactly call it a full blown Quicktime event either, when I say Tap R I literally mean tap once during the relevant section not repeatedly just to Chain the sections together.

Having the two side by side would be a great move imo.
    Last edited by R21; 10-10-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    QTEs are simply annoying once the novelty fades, if it has any at all. Fumbling around for keys isnt what I consider fun. I can tell you personally reloading a musket isnt difficult at all and has more tactile feedback then pressing buttons on a keyboard, and is really only harder if your barrel gets too hot to even touch.
    Annoying as opposed to what? Staring at the exact same animation over and over again with the same uninterrupted head bobbing each time? And not being able to stop and continue a reload in a fluid combat situation? At present you are a sitting duck when reloading and have limited opportunity to keep alert for Imperial Japanese running at you full sprint.

Reloading on a firing range with half your crap laying on a table in front of you is totally different than reloading in a combat situation with adrenaline, sweat, and your heart racing. It doesn't matter what weapon you're reloading.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 10-10-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Annoying as opposed to what? Staring at the exact same animation over and over again with the same uninterrupted head bobbing each time? And not being able to stop and continue a reload in a fluid combat situation? At present you are a sitting duck when reloading and have limited opportunity to keep alert for Imperial Japanese running at you full sprint.

Reloading on a firing range with half your crap laying on a table in front of you is totally different than reloading in a combat situation with adrenaline, sweat, and your heart racing. It doesn't matter what weapon you're reloading.

Your argument is assuming they never change the current reloading system from what it is. They do plan to make it so your character will make mistakes, they do plan to have different animations to keep it different, and theyll definitely make it more fluid.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Your argument is assuming they never change the current reloading system from what it is. They do plan to make it so your character will make mistakes, they do plan to have different animations to keep it different, and theyll definitely make it more fluid.
    this would be good, mixing it up from time to time. plus the stress of battle, etc.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Not sure how I feel about fumbling, if it's just a bit of spice in the animations (like taking half a second longer or doing something slightly differently) then that's great, but your character randomly dropping stuff with no real context or chance of control could just be annoying.

Fumbling could be implemented into my system, like if you don't complete the first stage it counts as your character dropping the shot whilst trying to load and an appropriate Animation for this, this would Definitely lead to people putting Double/triple loads of Powder in their Guns which could lead to some interesting situations, lol.

The above combined with randomised Animations could be the way to go, Player has Control and there's a slight Risk reward element to it (wasting a round so you can lower your Weapon to counter closing enemies with Melee/potentially double or triple loading and speeding up fouling of your Gun and making it more inaccurate for that Shot).

As David said, I don't want a QTE just for reloading, it will be an annoyance and just make things unnecessarily complicated, I don't see the actual point for adding this. What I would like to see is the reloading cycle using the broken up cycle so that when you are reloading and cancel it, you don't have to start all the way over if you only have to put the cap on. But if you are under fire or maybe if your team has very low morale, mistakes can happen. That's better than pushing buttons to reload for no reason,
    Last edited by McMuffin; 10-11-2017 at 12:59 AM.

USA 1st Lieutenant

I'd rather not see this implemented.

I think that it will quickly become repetitive, just like the current system. And of the two, I'd rather go with the one which requires less user input. I don't want to be mashing buttons every second or so- that would be more grindy to me than the current system.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    What I would like to see is the reloading cycle using the broken up cycle so that when you are reloading and cancel it, you don't have to start all the way over if you only have to put the cap on.
    I had this exact same thought but I get the feeling this would be way more difficult to do than the system i'm proposing, which is why i'm suggesting it.

Remembering exactly where in the overall Animation probbaly more difficult than having pre-defined Segments, could be wrong on that though.

And @ 'QTE/Button Bashing' the system would be 3 taps of R over the entire 14 second? Reload process, if you can't manage that then you've got some serious hand eye co-ordination issues
    Last edited by R21; 10-11-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Not exactly, just break it up into segments like you did with that same grouping and once you have started that animation, it marks it as done and if you cancel it you start just from that 'checkpoint' in a way automatically.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Semantics