Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. E. E. Smith View Post
    How would you feel if someone showed up at your place of work and started trying to tell you what to do? Especially when that person has shit-all experience in such matters. And this goes out for all of you demanding that the devs add things you want - suck it up. It's their game; listen to them, leave them to it and respect the process.
    It's okay Mark, thanks for the consideration though.

We welcome feedback and suggestions and appreciate that people are passionate about this - so are we!

- Trusty

CSA Major

He is evidently the greatest developer you've never heard of. It's all so easy!

Can it, Leifr. No point to lower the discussion to those depths. I am always open to reasonable counterarguments.

When you know what you're doing on a project, changes come fluently and in droves. Actually you need to stop from making too many. Sadly, this does not seem to be the situation with CG.
    Last edited by EneCtin; 05-06-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    Can it, Leifr. No point to lower the discussion to those depths. I am always open to counterarguments.

When you know what you're doing on a project, changes come fluently and in droves. Actually you need to stop from making too many. Sadly, this does not seem to be the situation in CG.
    Okay, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you in regards to whether or not we "know what we're doing".

You are of course free to think of us what you will and of our commitment and our talent - but stating that we are essentially clueless does not help you getting your point in regards to your suggestions across, quite the opposite in fact. It really only insults us and thus is counter productive to everyone and a waste of time.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    Can it, Leifr. No point to lower the discussion to those depths. I am always open to reasonable counterarguments.

When you know what you're doing on a project, changes come fluently and in droves. Actually you need to stop from making too many. Sadly, this does not seem to be the situation with CG.
    Please!, by all means, feel free to start your own effort and feel free to program circles around CG then. If you build it they will come.

People are reaching burnout and it's driving people crazy that the development is at the pace it is. Resistance and Liberation went through many iterations of players and organizations, few of which ever met each other. ja.gif

I agree with Enecit that something a little more fluid would be cool and stave off some of the burnout. For example, progressive objectives of some sort. Or it could perhaps be something that would require less programming.

We have ahistorical scenarios already, how about some more. Or some alternative scenarios. For example a Burnside Bridge where the objective is the bridge itself and both teams can attack.

Or now that the flag bearers spawn you on your unit, separate the queues for each regiment's flag. That would double the speed the players spawn in on flags and nix some of the trickleback from base spawn. Base spawn trickleback is a scourge on gameplay in a lot of games because it becomes so much of the player's time spent in the game. We'll have 70 players on a team and there will be 28 of us on the main firing line for one team because the rest are dead, lost, or running back to avoid the lengthy flag spawn time (assuming the flag bearer didn't run off and lose the flag).

It's better to strongly incentivize players behavior by allowing faster deployments to skip that jog of shame. Particularly in a game where reloading is so much of the players experience. That 'dead time' of reloading and spawning is a necessary evil for the style of gameplay but it shouldn't be amplified beyond that level unless the players are performing poorly. Providing an easy way to avoid some of that would encourage the individual players to remain part of some formation, for example.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 05-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Okay, I'm not going to get into a discussion with you in regards to whether or not we "know what we're doing".

You are of course free to think of us what you will and of our commitment and our talent - but stating that we are essentially clueless does not help you getting your point in regards to your suggestions across, quite the opposite in fact. It really only insults us and thus is counter productive to everyone and a waste of time.

- Trusty
    What you could do is ask yourself what drove a reasonable man like EneCtin to such extremes. But, you're right, everyone's free to have his opinion. I've stated mine, maybe too direct to be graceful. Learn or not, your business. You may have gathered by now, I'm not a great kisser.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    That is an interesting idea and worth discussing at length. It would allow the firing lines to be more populated. However, at the same time, if one flag is lost by a particular team, the balance would drastically shift even more in favor of the team which has both its flags operational. They would be spawning in troops even faster than currently and quickly overwhelm the enemy. Just something to consider.
    Flag spawn queues (and now also base spawn ones) are already seperated for each regiment, so yes players are able to spawn quicker on the flags now (unless everyone on the team joins the same regiment or one of the flag bearers are out of line or have dropped the flag).

- Trusty

That'll make a difference. sugar.gif

I've noticed recently that the queue seems to be skipping me into action sooner than I thought. It'll be showing 3/8 and it will all the sudden spawn me out while I'm picking my nose still. I wonder if that's the reason
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    That'll make a difference. sugar.gif

I've noticed recently that the queue seems to be skipping me into action sooner than I thought. It'll be showing 3/8 and it will all the sudden spawn me out while I'm picking my nose still. I wonder if that's the reason
    I've noticed this as well and thought it was another flag spawn issue until I read the patch notes a little closer. It's a great little addition and does wonders for getting people back into the action.

To Mark: There's a little brown on your nose, might wanna order some wet wipes.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!