Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War of Rights Gaming Community Offering Real Prizes

War of Rights Gaming Community Offering Real Prizes

http://www.madcirclegames.com/ I am creating a new gaming social media website that will be hosting contests and giving away prizes. I will be adding a points and currency system that can be used to reward regiment members of the War of Rights community for doing tasks (like recruiting) and winning events. The points and currency system will be tied to a storefront where you will be able to trade the points for prizes. I will be adding new features as the community grows, but do me a favor and start signing up, test the system, and spread the word, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr View Post
    http://www.madcirclegames.com/ I am creating a new gaming social media website that will be hosting contests and giving away prizes. I will be adding a points and currency system that can be used to reward regiment members of the War of Rights community for doing tasks (like recruiting) and winning events. The points and currency system will be tied to a storefront where you will be able to trade the points for prizes. I will be adding new features as the community grows, but do me a favor and start signing up, test the system, and spread the word, please.
    Damn, y'all seem to be the most un-supportive community I could have chosen... Maybe I should consider taking this to another community.

Damn, y'all seem to be the most un-supportive community I could have chosen... Maybe I should consider taking this to another community.
    Well with a tact like that maybe you should.... An aggressive approach probably won't work... Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    Well with a tact like that maybe you should.... An aggressive approach probably won't work... Just sayin'
    Oh? What does work? You are the only one to reply... LOL and I had to get angry for you to do so. This would be a chance to win enough points to have your 150 man WoR server paid for the month.... gift cards... to have tangible prizes for winning your weekly events instead of just bragging rights... whatever y'all wanted.. I set aside $500 cash for prizes as a start.... But the only reply I get is "well maybe you should." OK I will.
    Last edited by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr; 08-26-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Oh? What does work? You are the only one to reply... LOL and I had to get angry for you to do so. This would be a chance to win enough points to have your 150 man WoR server paid for the month.... gift cards... to have tangible prizes for winning your weekly events instead of just bragging rights... whatever y'all wanted.. I set aside $500 cash for prizes as a start.... But the only reply I get is "well maybe you should." OK I will.
    Ok bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    Ok bye!
    Actually Drax, I think I will just change up the game plan... and just exclude you since you don't like the idea anyway. The only time you have bothered to talk to me was to complain about my men doing very minor things... Like going outside the "proper channels" when trying to set up an event with your regiment. You have never offered any kind of support at all. You never reached out to me except to complain about minor things. and now you do the same here, no solution, only opinion. Bye Drax
    Last edited by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr; 08-26-2020 at 03:05 PM.

I apologize to everyone for my frustration. For those who are interested... I will be setting up a small tournament where the winning regiment will win a paid 150 man G-Portal server for a month. I will contact the leaders of regiments directly since the forums seem a little slow. Feel free to post here also.

THIS ALL TOTALLY FREE. I will never ask for payment for anything... including shipping if you win a prize.
    Last edited by Billy-Jim-Bob-Jr; 08-27-2020 at 03:01 AM.

I apologize to everyone for my frustration. For those who are interested... I will be setting up a small tournament where the winning regiment will win a paid 150 man G-Portal server for a month. I will contact the leaders of regiments directly since the forums seem a little slow. Feel free to post here also.

THIS ALL TOTALLY FREE. I will never ask for payment for anything... including shipping if you win a prize.
    The problem I have is you trying to direct traffic to your website for advertising revenue and when the intelligent players of WOR realized that and didn't come and bring traffic to your site, you threw shade at the community at large... That sir is the problem, nothing to do with "proper channels," and everything to do with ppl just aren't interested. Furthermore most of the organized units crowdfund their servers from donations from their members.

Your plan will suffer the same fate as the last time a community member offered steam gift card giveaways to try and convince units to play on his server... Best of luck just stop throwing shade that is all...

Exclamation Why throw shade?

Dude look there is no reason to say that everyone is unsupportive just because we don't want to use a website that you're going to be getting ad revenue from. Like seriously it's not a big deal and a point and currency system wow so first your getting add revenue money then on top of that you're trying to get a lot of these small units to buy currency or points because "it will help them grow" ya sure nice try. Look we aren't unsupportive we are just smart and we can see that this isn't some great opportunity for us and the community its just a money grab for you. It's not cool to try and take advantage like that and just because we recognize that it's not a good thing for the community doesn't mean we are rude or unsupportive. Look this is a great community with some good people we aren't dumb. Honestly grow up!
    Last edited by SurviorCJ1; 08-27-2020 at 06:49 AM.

War of Rights is fun to play as is, and will get even better when more features (historical mode) are added. Adding monetary prizes to it is both unnecessary and harmful to the game and its community for multiple reasons. In addition, if a unit needs to compete to win a free server they could otherwise not afford, they're probably not large enough to reasonably populate it, let alone operate it. Furthermore, offering such prizes implies that you have some way of profiting off of it, and if this is the case, further compounds the potential for causing division within the community that already exist with the presence of real life, monetary rewards. In regards to your second post in this thread, I agree that you should probably take your services elsewhere.