Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is this game taking so long - 5 or 6 years now?!!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by gruntig View Post
    but id like to know when do you resonably excpect this to be in the general publics hand
    Well I'm 'general public' and it's in my hands, in fact most events bring in 100-150 players. As you can see I've been following WoR since 2015, and it has not been 'in deveopement for seven years' as you say, it's been in actual development/funded for just two years now. I believe the team has thirteen Devs (correct me if I'm wrong here) and funding is just under a million dollars, taking just those two things into account I'd say they've performed minor miracles so far. The Skirmishes I have played in have been very good indeed, the systems that the Devs are implementing give me high hopes for the future of this title. I watched and waited for three years before I decided to pledge, I actually did do my research. If you're as passionate as you claim, perhaps consider pledging?
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntig View Post
    but with the amount of donations ALMOST A MILLION POUNDS
    is that still an excuse?
    they should have been able to hire a semi size team for a while now

it shouldnt be taking this long
    I feel like there's a common misconception that throwing money at a problem solves it. In reality every issue tends to be much more 3-D. I'd not like to speak on campfire's behalf, but simply dropping another team of devs into the company probably is not an ideal situation for the development of a video game with a very specific goal in mind.
    Have a good one,
    -Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh

CSA Major

I feel like this question would be better pointed towards FSE and their great pyramind sche... game development.

USA Major

Hi, Gruntig

I started following this game in late 2015, so almost three years ago. I have been very active on the forums before, but at some point, I stopped checking in so often. Now when I decide to log onto the forums, I see that a lot has happened. Especially in the last couple of months, there has been a lot of changes. So I am sure that the developers will make a good game, and release it when it's the right time. And even though the people in the community change there still are people like Maximus, who have been active on the forums for over 3 years. If I may add in addition to that, that $915,447 is not a lot compared to the 100,000,000 EA put into BF4 which begun development around the same time as WoR.

Edit: After posting this I realize that I just said the exact same thing as Todesengel, but in a slightly less intelligent way.
    Last edited by VOLCUSGAMING; 09-06-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Private

Spare me the technicalities, as far as I’m concerned this game is released. In my opinion a server crash in this game is no different than changing hosts in an EA game. I’ve glitched out & fallen through the map on plenty of “finished” games I paid full price for. I’d prefer more games like this atleast the money goes straight to the developers and not some fat CEO.
    Sergeant in the 1st Cav.

aka HARRY GODWIN

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    Hi, Gruntig

I started following this game in late 2015, so almost three years ago. I have been very active on the forums before, but at some point, I stopped checking in so often. Now when I decide to log onto the forums, I see that a lot has happened. Especially in the last couple of months, there has been a lot of changes. So I am sure that the developers will make a good game, and release it when it's the right time. And even though the people in the community change there still are people like Maximus, who have been active on the forums for over 3 years. If I may add in addition to that, that $915,447 is not a lot compared to the 100,000,000 EA put into BF4 which begun development around the same time as WoR.

Edit: After posting this I realize that I just said the exact same thing as Todesengel, but in a slightly less intelligent way.
    There is a proverb for that in Austria: Two Idiots, one thought
    But I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

Honestly it's kind of here already in some form. It's a matter of how much you want it. I'm confident as they see results things will move faster. Some updates are good updates. I do have concerns about the intended scope being feasible but then again I wasn't convinced 100+ players was even feasible. Flag bearer spawn is obviously envisioned to be quite important but I'm not sure it merits 9 months of intensity importance. I feel like a more zone-oriented map setup having-a-flag-in-a-line-in-a-zone-opening-up-new-spawns would be more easily accomplished. I also am quite flabbergasted some people are envisioning a WWII Online style Antietam grand battle with many hundreds of players. It doesn't seem feasible or workable. I envision a lot of chasing lone wolves on larger maps and gamey solutions to curtail them. Then again, I'm also probably overly pessimistic. Like the idea of a Civil War First Person game? Here it is, like it or not. You may as well get on board early and buy up the Captain pledge rather than wait a couple years or more and get on late.

Another game (consequentially off Cry3 engine) I've been waiting for is Titanic Honor and Glory, which I contributed to in their crowdfunding campaign years ago (I lost track how many TBH). I think a lot of people bite off more than they can chew when it comes to crowd funding games. They also want to get it right. It's not the same process as a big-production game which, as others pointed out, often cost more than big production movies and generally dwarf them in revenue. Which begs the question, why don't game developers make big fancy award shows and make a mockery of their lesser entertainment industry friends who love the smell of their own excrement?
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 09-08-2018 at 02:57 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    I feel like this question would be better pointed towards FSE and their great pyramind sche... game development.
    Shots fired!

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Shots fired!
    Shots fired? No pal, that was just a casual observation.

CSA Lieutenant General

I understand whys its taking so long but why not go ahead and put it in official steam early access beta by this point? The game is well far enough along and good enough to be in that designation and would grow the player base 10 fold?